Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chinahorse  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 4:28:40 PM(UTC)
chinahorse

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool Quiet Partner I earlier today ran through the Washing cycle and then stopped with the Clean light blinking. At the time, I did not count the blink cycle. I reset the panel by using the Heated Dry/Normal routine and then pressed Start hoping to fix it. I've done this several times with the same result: the washer appears to run the entire Washing cycle and then stops. No lights are lit after it stops.

I am wondering if the heating element (or something related) is not working and that's why it runs through Washing but stops at Drying.

Is there something else I can try to diagnose the problem before pulling it apart? I wish I could get the clean light to blink again so I could count the number of blinks.

Also, what's the best guess: a bad heating element?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:27:42 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL DU1055XTSQ3 UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

Try to run diagnostics.
Check the heating element, the hi-limit thermostat and the thermistor with a meter.
File Attachment(s):
DU1055.pdf (252kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
chinahorse  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:16:54 AM(UTC)
chinahorse

Thanks. I ran diagnostics. At the end of interval 3, the Clean light was lit for a few seconds before moving on to interval 2. According to the document, this could mean there is air?

Also, how can I check the heating element, the hi-limit thermostat and the thermistor with a meter? Where are they located? A digital multi-meter?

I need to remove the motor too because it's noisy and I've read on another thread that the bearing could be worn or rusted. Can the motor be removed from inside the washer? Or will I need to remove the washer and tip it over?

thanks and sorry for being a dummy. I've repaired lots of our appliances, but never opened up a dishwasher.
chinahorse  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 12:50:12 PM(UTC)
chinahorse

Just an update: after running diagnostics and trying to make sense of things, I decided to just run a wash cycle. Now, it seems the washer just runs the Washing cycle non-stop. Never moving on to Drying. Water is hot.

I have removed the wash arm and the screen beneath it. Assuming I can get to the thermistor in this way.
chinahorse  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:23:38 PM(UTC)
chinahorse

At this point I just need to know if I should remove the washer from under the countertop to access these things? Or if they can be accessed from inside or from the front panel?

I have gotten as far as I think I can from the inside. I've exposed the chopper.
denman  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:33:26 AM(UTC)
denman

Yes, it is easier to get at them with the unit un-installed.
chinahorse  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:26:22 PM(UTC)
chinahorse

Denman, I posted an update here:
http://forum.appliancepartspros...7-soil-found-sensor.html

Says the soil sensor is either bad or needs to be cleaned. What should I do next?
chinahorse  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:01:49 PM(UTC)
chinahorse

Ok, so I've removed the soil sensor. It's pretty dirty. Is it likely that it just needs to be cleaned? Or will it have to be replaced?
denman  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 1:48:55 AM(UTC)
denman

I would try cleaning it first.
chinahorse  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 6:17:55 AM(UTC)
chinahorse

Thanks Denman, I cleaned everything really good and put it all back together. Ran a wash cycle and it never stopped. So I ran diagnostics again with the same result: clean light comes on during cycle 7 indicating soil sensor. So I will replace the sensor.

My question is: the replacement here: Part Details - WHIRLPOOL SENSOR, part number: AP4410881 looks different than mine. Mine has a transparent top. While this one is white with a long piece sticking up. Mine does not have this long piece sticking up. It looks like it will fit, I guess I just want to be sure I have the right one.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply