Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vince J  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 12:26:41 PM(UTC)
Vince J

Groups: Registered

I'm getting a ton of water leaking from the unit (apparently coinciding with me replacing the control board). I've just replaced the door seal and lower door seals.

I have the face off, and I can see water leaking under the door and quickly filling the pan after starting mid-cycle. Opening the door drains it out.

I have the lower door seal installed in the hinge correctly (from what I can tell), but what does the other end attach to? The bottom of the inner door face, or the lip of the pan?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Vince J  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:58:04 PM(UTC)
Vince J

Reading through the forums, I learned that the lower door seal is not leaking, but the unit is overfilling. I assumed that it was the pressure chamber, which I replaced, but I still have the same problem.

Interestingly, it's overfilling (and leaking from the pan) even when running self-diagnostic.

I'm about to check the resistances according to the Tech Quick Check Chart section of the Bosch SHU530 manual.
Vince J  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 9:50:46 PM(UTC)
Vince J

All the resistances looked good except for the circulating motor, which showed 100 kOhms instead of the expected 10 kOhms.

Here is what happens during the fill stage: The water level sensor trips once, starting the circulating motor. Water continues to flow in, but does not appear to backflow into the pressure chamber. It continues to flow straight to the sump and never triggers the water level sensor a second time (shutting off water flow). Hence, the unit overfills and leaks.

I can run the self-diag successfully if I use the float switch to prevent it from overflowing in the initial fill stage, or manually trigger the water level switch. Since the water level and float switches appear to be working correctly, does anyone know what could cause this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply