Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Emos  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 8:10:35 PM(UTC)
Emos

Groups: Registered

We came home after our cleaning lady had left for the day and our dishwasher was running and had overflowed onto the kitchen floor and the sink looked like it had been stopped up, but had drained. Not really sure what happened, but assume dishwasher was started with things “unground” in the disposal.

Now when we start the dishwasher, the drain runs continuously if left to its own devices. It is effectively pumping water down the drain.

Messing around trying to get it to work, I discovered that if I poured water into the dishwasher, it would kick over into the washing cycle. However, it also immediately starts draining the water and only effectively sprays for a few seconds. After the drain motor stops, there doesn't seem to be enough water and it just trickles out of the spray arms.

I was unclear whether the diagnostic program was to be run with the door open or closed. With door open, when I press PowerScrub+EconoWash+On, PowerScrub+EconoWash blinks.
If I press it again I either get "normal wash" that stays on(indicating a ntc fault), or the buttons continue to blink (me thinks, now I close the door and it runs a test cycle; however it just runs the drain forever as before.) It doesn't seem to me that a ntc fault (the heat sensor?) would cause this problem, am I wrong?

I have read in posts here that it is possible that the float valve could need to be reset. Does anyone know how I would do this? When I take the strainers out, I only see a fin grate over the (I presume) drain and a round inset pipe that goes to the right. I have cleaned both of these and not found any blockages, but I also have not found anything that looks like a float valve that could be actuated/cleaned.

If anyone has any ideas or recommendations, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.