Discuss

GE Profile dishwasher won't drain completely

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

I had the same problem. The dishwasher would run, and at theend of the cycle there was water still inside

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » GE Profile dishwasher won't drain completely

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 04:02 PM

MkBrennanMD is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I had the same problem. The dishwasher would run, and at theend of the cycle there was water still inside the machine. I'm not an applianceexpert, but I just went through some troubleshooting.
Turn the power off, pull the unit out, and disconnect all the hoses. Get some towels because water will start leaking out of the bottom. In my case, I removed all the hoses, including the one that connected to the disposal. I blew through the ends of each hose, and right away I found one hose that was obstructed .This stuff builds up over time, almost like someone's artery, and once clogged, your best bet is to throw it out, and get a new hose. Its a cheap solution, and is usually the cause.
Your problem sounds identical to mine...so see if my video helps, cause I've gotten feedback from others who found it useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7uaA2NZKl0

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 PM

WaldoDog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadfish66 View Post
Now you need to take off the white nut that is above the fine filter, remove the fine filter. Then the hub that has the spray tube attached to it, turn it to the right a bit and pull off that tube that runs up the back wall. Pull off the plastic screen and there is your sump. There is an insert in the sump that that screen clipped to, squeeze that and pull up, and clean it. now stick your hand down in the sump, and pull out whatever it is that is clogging the drain hole.
Very helpful to me also, but I cannot get the plastic liner out of the sump hole, even with squeezing it and pulling with hands and prying with screwdriver. My goal is to get the flat metal screen off the floor of the dishwasher in order to clean the gunk off of it, but the sump liner has a lip that holds down the screen around it.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 AM

Sanjiv Mishra is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadfish66 View Post
Now you need to take off the white nut that is above the fine filter, remove the fine filter. Then the hub that has the spray tube attached to it, turn it to the right a bit and pull off that tube that runs up the back wall. Pull off the plastic screen and there is your sump. There is an insert in the sump that that screen clipped to, squeeze that and pull up, and clean it. now stick your hand down in the sump, and pull out whatever it is that is clogging the drain hole.
I have a GE PDW 7880J10SS dish washer. I cannot get the insert off the sump. I tried squeezing from wider sides of the insert, but cannot get it off even after putting a lot of force. Is there something that needs to be undone?
Old 01-24-2014, 03:53 PM

an123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjiv Mishra View Post
I have a GE PDW 7880J10SS dish washer. I cannot get the insert off the sump. I tried squeezing from wider sides of the insert, but cannot get it off even after putting a lot of force. Is there something that needs to be undone?
I have a slightly different model, GE PDW 7880G00SS I think. I also had the water clogging issue and could not remove the sump. However you dont really need to remove it. I took a coat hanger and poked a little into the hole to the left of the sump. Then I put back everything and it drain perfectly.

maybe this helps.

But thansk to this post I was able to save 300 bucks for removing a simple clog in the DW.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.