Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VABEAR  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:14:25 AM(UTC)
VABEAR

Groups: Registered

Repalced the inlet valve, and did test run and she still leaks, well at lest it wis not the inlet valve. The leak is at the Hose Chamber, where it attaches to the pump (appears as if the elbow of the chamber is a thin wall plastic and it has fractured at the bend) This is in a bad spot as it is behind the mtor assembly where it attaches to the pump and then goes back towrd rear of the washer where it again attaches to some line. Do I need to pull the washer out to replace this line? Not sure if I can even get pliers onn the cleamp at the pump and then if I can reach way back to the tail end of the hose chamber to unclamp.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:10:41 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for GSD3400G0cc models | AppliancePartsPros.com
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
appears as if the elbow of the chamber is a thin wall plastic and it has fractured at the bend[/COLOR]
If you are not sure that this is the leak I would double check it just to be sure it is leaking here and not higher up. It could be just dripping off a low point.
A flashlight and a mechanics mirror (a small mirror on an extend-able handle) or just tape a small mirror to a dowel, can be helpful here.

It could be it is leaking at the piston and nut (Item 564 in Section 2). This is behind/under the screen filter at the back of the tub. It screws into the body/valve (Item 560 in Section 2)

When reaching under the unit be sure to unplug/remove power it. Touch a live wire and it probably will not kill you but you will loose some skin when you pull your hand back suddenly.

If you cannot reach then you will have to pull the unit. Often this ends up saving you time instead of hours of struggling with it.

I usually replace the spring type hose clamps with the screw type.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
VABEAR  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:44:11 AM(UTC)
VABEAR

Groups: Registered

It is definitely the Hose Chamber (whatever that does) as water shoots straight up near the foreward elbow. As the machine is eight years of age I am going to replace it (Lowes has agood sale and I get a military discount and the local store is offering free installation). Thanks for all the help, I really appreicate it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply