Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cj1982  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:00:25 PM(UTC)
cj1982

Groups: Registered

We just moved into a new home (house was remodeled in 2008) and noticed that the dishwasher door leaks on the front right corner from the moment the cycle starts, only time water is not dripping is when it is filling or draining. All of the seals appear to be in good condition. Any ideas on what I can do to stop the leak? :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:30:42 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cj1982 Go to Quoted Post
We just moved into a new home (house was remodeled in 2008) and noticed that the dishwasher door leaks on the front right corner from the moment the cycle starts, only time water is not dripping is when it is filling or draining. All of the seals appear to be in good condition. Any ideas on what I can do to stop the leak? :confused:

First thing to check, remove the mounting screws, that hold the dishwasher in the cabinet.
I would check and make sure the dishwasher is level in both directions, and the door and tub are aligned, and the dishwasher is as far up in the opening, without "binding" anything. then re attach the screws holding the unit, and recheck for a leak.

I would not think you have a "split spray arm seam", but it is a possibility, you may want to check it.

Is it possible, someone tripped on the door, or used it as a step to reach something up high ?

You may want to dismantle the door and check for damaged/bent door hinges and pins.

Based on your description, I think that's where you should start.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply