Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vicki Ladd  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 6:29:30 AM(UTC)
Vicki Ladd

Groups: Registered

Good morning:

We have a GE Profile Quiet Power II Dishwasher (Model #GSD4010Z02AA) in our office kitchen. This was donated (we are a nonprofit) so I have no idea how old the unit is.

I set the dishwasher to run last week as I left the office, only to discover this morning that the cycle never ran.

Issues: 1) "Normal" light flashes (beeps with every flash). When I hit the reset button, it will flash as if it is attempting to reset, then goes back to the Normal button - flashing and beeping. 2) Soap dispenser will not close. I believe this issue may be related. I printed up the owner's manual and located the troubleshooting section. While it does not address the problem in #1 - states if the detergent dispenser does not close, to turn the dial to "Off" and slide the door latch to the left. There are no dials on this model - only the push buttons. Nothing responds (other than the reset attempt indicated in #1) All other buttons fail to work - i.e. cannot change wash cycle, drying options, etc.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Vicki
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 5:24:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Vicki,

Most likely the problem is a bad sequence switch (#904 on the break down diagram).

- The part number for the sequence switch is AP2039701

Here are the break down diagram for the GE dishwasher Model GSD4010Z02AA

Gene.
P.S. It is a bad habit to leave a running dishwasher unattended. You can find your office or kitchen in very poor condition
Vicki Ladd  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 5:32:13 PM(UTC)
Vicki Ladd

Thanks for the info, Gene! It will be very helpful!

FYI... I only work part-time, and usually turn the dishwasher on before I leave. Everyone else is generally there another few hours after I leave and someone had gone in and heard it acting up and had turned it off. But I know of the hard-lesson of which you speak... we had a water line to our coffee maker spring a leak over a weekend and boy what a mess it was!!! :eek:

Thanks again! I really appreciate the help!

Vicki
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 5:46:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
tlimebu  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2008 10:09:47 AM(UTC)
tlimebu

I have this same model. It came with the house we bought. I found that you simply have to hold the reset button for a long time before it resets. The beeping comes from a cycle trying to start and then not being able to complete. For example, if you set it to wash and a co-worker came behind you and put his/her glass in but failed to close the door all the way, you will hear that beeping until the door is closed and the machine is allowed to continue on its cycle OR you reset it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply