Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Barbie Cannon  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 6:33:45 AM(UTC)
Barbie Cannon

Groups: Registered

Dishes are not getting clean--at first it seemed like just the top rack--and I thought it was because I loaded it improperly. Then I noticed the silverware in the door compartments was not getting clean and while the soap dispenser opened properly, the soap was still there. The dishwasher goes through the cycles, at least some water enters the dishwasher, and I try to peek to see if the top and bottom arms are spinning, but they seem to stop as soon as I unlatch the door.

My husband pulled the dishwasher out last night, disconnected the water supply line to see if it were clogged (but it wasn't), tapped on the solenoid, put it back, but it worked the same.

Does this give you enough information to understand the problem and make suggestions?

Thank you, Barbara
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 11:58:44 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GU1200XTLS2 UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a service manual
https://secured.whirlpoo...0ef763c85256cbc00520548/$FILE/8178022.pdf

One way to double check that the unit is getting enough water is to add a quart or two of hot water to the unit after each fill. Now if the unit washes the dishes OK you know that low fill is your problem. Just be careful not to overfill it. Most units fill to just under the heating element.

If you are confident that the fill is OK, open the pump up and check/clean the filters, impeller etc.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dagibson  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2012 6:15:46 PM(UTC)
dagibson

Groups: Registered

I had the same problem. I finaaly discovered the issue for me. In oregon we have a rycle program. They wanted the glass jars and bottle clean, (no organis material in them). So we figured we would just put them in the dishwasher.
This worked great for years until they changed the formula. As far as I can tell the new formuls melt the glue and deposits it all over the inside of the dishwasher. When you wash your dishes it put the glue on the dishes. I cleaned my dishwasher using the ingredient they removed TSP. I ran the machine 3 times on the hot sitting until I could not feel anything on the bottom on the machine.
I do not put jars or bottles in it anymore and it work great again.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply