Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blutzfamily  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:29:39 AM(UTC)
blutzfamily

Groups: Registered

We mistakenly added an enzyme product after having already used bleach based detergent. (I've complained to Cascade about their lack of clear labeling). After weeks my husband noticed the low detergent light hadn't turned on for a long time. I checked the resevoir and found it full of detergent leading me to believe the dishwasher has stopped dispensing detergent - there must be a clog.

I used a syringe and a small tube to extract the detergent from the resevoir. Then I found the instructions on the GE Website to preform a purge. http://www.geappliances.com/sea...st/infobase/10010832.htm

After following the instructions I found the smart dispense resevoir full of water (which I added in the second phase of the purge per the GE instructions).

I can conclude either:
1) I have a clog somewhere
2) The purge cycle did not run correctly

I suspect the latter. The buttons on my control panel do not correspond directly with the instructions on the GE website. I searched the internet and found a link to a GE Technical Service Manual for GE Profile Dishwaser PDW8900, PDW9700, PDW9900 Series dated February 2006. This manual also has instructions for a Consumer Purge.

These 2 sets of instructions are basically the same. However, they differ at a crucial point - Step 3. Step 3 on the GE website says to press Added Heat and Cookware at the same time. Step 3 in the Service Manual Says to press Added Heat and Normal at the same time.

When I follow the instructions on the GE website my washer begins an 82 minute cycle - not a 60 minute cycle as the instructions indicate.

How do I know if my washer is actually running a purge cycle? Are there particular things to look for or listen for?

If it is actually running a purge cycle correctly - then I must have a clog in a tube somewhere. Is that something I could fix myself or would I have to call a repair man?

Thanks.

By the way, my dishwasher has the following buttons on the front mount control panel:
Rinse Only, Speed Cycle, Light Wash, Normal Wash, Pots & Pans, Sani Wash, Start, 1-9 Delay Hours, Added Heat, Steam, Heated Dry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.