Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Katieann  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2010 10:14:40 AM(UTC)
Katieann

Groups: Registered

The Dishwasher stopped working. I had just completed a load and put a new one in and it started, but when I came back in there were no lights on and the bottom was full of water. We checked the power and everything is in good condition and there is power to the dishwasher, just no lights to the panel.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 8:49:57 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Katieann Go to Quoted Post
The Dishwasher stopped working. I had just completed a load and put a new one in and it started, but when I came back in there were no lights on and the bottom was full of water. We checked the power and everything is in good condition and there is power to the dishwasher, just no lights to the panel.:confused:

Katie,

You're going to need to remove the control panel, or dismantle the door assembly, so you can access the door switches and non resettable bi metal fuse, in the control panel assembly and check the circuits.

Part number: AP4423189

Part number: AP3039128

Based on your description and the suddeness of the problem,

I would start there, you'll need to get a hold on a multimeter, so you can check the circuits on the components.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
CaptObvious  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 11:25:00 AM(UTC)
CaptObvious

Groups: Registered

I had the exact same problem and paid $75 to have them diagnose that the bi-metal fuse had blown, just as the previous poster suggested. However, they also determined the reason WHY the fuse had blown, which was that the power cord had been installed wrong, with the polarity reversed. It worked for two years like that! So be sure to see if that might be your situation too, or you'll end up blowing another fuse at best, or buying a new dishwasher at worst. I'm told the door switches go bad pretty often on these as well, which is another easy fix.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 12:52:35 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Katie,

You're going to need to remove the control panel, or dismantle the door assembly, so you can access the door switches and non resettable bi metal fuse, in the control panel assembly and check the circuits.

Based on your description and the suddeness of the problem,

I would start there, you'll need to get a hold on a multimeter, so you can check the circuits on the components.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)

Like Captobvious said it's an easy inexpensive repair, once we determine which part is needed.

And it wouldn't be the first time and loose connection in the dishwasher junction box, was a problem.

:cool: :cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply