Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wiboater  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:42:24 AM(UTC)
wiboater

Groups: Registered

I had a small overflow that dripped onto the motor since then the motor overheats. I took the motor off and it turns ok. It works in both directions ok and kicks in when its supposed to but gets really hot and the thermal protection stops it. I have been looking for answers online and some said it could be a timer and not a problem with the motor. Nothing looks burnt that I can see up at the control panel. The knob turns and I can hear it tick. Since the motor runs fine til it gets hot I'm guessing the motor is ok. Anyone have any similar problems?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 1:11:38 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WU300 models | AppliancePartsPros.com

Looks like this is a bit of an antique and most parts are obsolete.

I cannot find a wiring diagram for the unit but it looks like the motor has a centrifugal switch.
It could be this switch is either toast or it is not being activated when the unit gets close to operating speed. On most motors this switch disconnects the start winding which if left in circuit will overheat the motor.

All of the above is pretty well a guess on my part.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
wiboater  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:14:10 AM(UTC)
wiboater

Groups: Registered

The motor does have that switch. That is probably what it is since that is at the top of the motor where the water leaked in. I did find a couple of motors for it from around $164. to $98. for new ones. I didn't mind paying that much just didn't want to buy a motor and have it be something else. I'm going to take the motor off again and look at that closer. It's a welded case so I probably won't be able to do much as far as fixing the old one. Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply