Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jsql12  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 12:13:06 AM(UTC)
jsql12

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Our built-in Whirlpool dishwasher model GU2455XTSB3 stopped working exactly after the 1 year manufacturer warranty expired. By stopped working, I mean that it wouldn't even turn on and none of the buttons on the touch-pad are responsive. A technician stated the following:
"machine has power up to ECM No power coming out of ECM to t-pad". He stated that replacing the door switches and the electronic panel will fix the issue because, according to him, these parts went out due to a power surge. The price he quoted to us to fix this is equal to that of a brand new dishwasher. So we ordered the 2 door switches (part# 8269209) and the electronic control (part# W10084142) through your website and replaced them ourselves. However, the dishwasher still didn't work, it wouldn't even turn on, and none of the buttons responds. Is there anything that needs to be done after replacing the door switches and the electronic control?
I noticed that, with either the old electronic control or the new one we ordered in place, if I unplug one of the power connectors to the electronic control and then plug it back, number 2 shows up on the display and exactly after 2 minutes the touch-pad goes dark again. During these 2 minutes, none of the buttons is responsive and nothing is happening but a humming sound produced by the motor I guess.
In addition, We noticed that there is a slight difference between the electronic control we ordered from your website and the old one. The old one's part number ends with the letter A (part# W10084142 A). The one we received ends with the letter B (part# W10084142 B). Does this even matter considering the outcome is the same with either electronic control in place?

Please help us in troubleshooting this issue further.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

AE
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.