Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TCom  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 1:19:48 PM(UTC)
TCom

Groups: Registered

I have a three year old Frigidaire Professional series dishwasher. Th left side of the control panel does not work. I would looked into getting it repaired but the cost was more than half of what the dishwasher is to buy. Can someone tell me if replacing the control panel is easy enough for a do- it-yourselfer? I have priced ordering one and repairing myself and it is the much cheaper route. If so what advice and/or directions could I have?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 12:44:17 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is a parts breakdown
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE PLD4375RFC0 Frigidaire/dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Kinston/154580201en.pdf

And the closest match to yours when it comes to a service manual.
http://frigidaireservicetips.com/pdfs/463_9.pdf

Unfortunately they do not give a pin out for the keypad so you cannot really check it. Most keypads run a number of keys through a common track on the ribbon cable, that is why you loose several keys.
Your problem is either the keypad or the control board but it is a crap shoot as to which it is.
I would do the following first.

Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
JamesG500  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 6:37:23 AM(UTC)
JamesG500

Groups: Registered

I purchased and replaced both the switch panel and display panel on my PLD3465REC0 dishwasher. I didn't know if it was the board or the panels and took a chance. Simply pull the old ones off and apply the new ones (clean with alcohol first).

Luckily it fixed it, (for about 18 months). Now its broken again. I'm sure it's the switch panel again, but refuse to put another $200 into this Frigidaire POS.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply