Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
swinbaby  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:50:46 AM(UTC)
swinbaby

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher has begun making a loud sound toward the end of the cycle; it seems like the pump cintinues to run after all water is drained from the cabinet. The sound starts low and continually gets louder. When I open the door to stop the cycle, the arm is spinning and there is no water left in bottom of the machine. Is this an issue with the control panel or is there a more simple fix? Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 8:02:08 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: swinbaby Go to Quoted Post
My dishwasher has begun making a loud sound toward the end of the cycle; it seems like the pump cintinues to run after all water is drained from the cabinet. The sound starts low and continually gets louder. When I open the door to stop the cycle, the arm is spinning and there is no water left in bottom of the machine. Is this an issue with the control panel or is there a more simple fix? Thanks for any help.

Swin,

A few questions before we get involved.

Does the machine fill with water ?
or is there a buzzing noise.

Does the float (in the left front corner of the tub bottom) move up and down freely,and do you hear a click noise when you lift up on it slowly ?

Did you recently have any plumbing or disposal serviced, or cabinet work done, or the dishwasher removed ?

Your drain hose may have dropped down below the tub level,the disposal or drain line could be restricted or clogged and causing a syphon effect.

Does the control panel program and run the cycle selected, as it always has ?
Does the control reach the end of the cycle and shuts off on it's own ?

Something you may want to try :

Select any standard wash cycle,
Let the unit fill and the motor run for 5 minutes,
Unlatch the door catch, wait 10 to 15 seconds, then open the door,

The water level in the bottom of the tub, should be in contact with the bottom portion of the heater element,if we've got the proper water supply.

As you can see, we want to eliminate some of the more common problems,before we start tearing into major components and replacing expensive parts.

A water fill problem, can be mis interpretted as a bad pump or control.

Let us know what you find,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply