Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
patpeery@aol.com  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:38:31 PM(UTC)
patpeery@aol.com

Groups: Registered

The dishwasher will wash and cycle to the rinse cycle. It drains properly but it will NOT quit the rinse cycle and proceed to drying cycle. It just runs and runs the rinse cycle. HELP! is this the sequence switch problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:03:39 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely the problem is a bad sequence switch.

Here are the break down diagrams for the GE dishwasher Model GSD5320D00BB

Gene.
patpeery@aol.com  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:18:39 PM(UTC)
patpeery@aol.com

I have the sequence switch ordered and will try that. I thought it probably was that versus the electronic button panel due to the fact that no lights were flashing and each button worked properly when activated. The washer does the same thing each time whether in light wash, regular or pots and pans cycle. I will post back after I try the new part.
patpeery@aol.com  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:33:58 PM(UTC)
patpeery@aol.com

after I took the sequence switch out, I removed the lever switch and the time lever spring. Unfortunately I did not see where the spring was attached. Can you give me advice on where the spring attaches when I go to reassemble it. One end of the spring is attached obviously to the lever switch. The parts on the diagram in question are numbers 837 and 861.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:52:55 PM(UTC)
Gene

There suppose to be a pin on the control panel where the sequence switch was attached. When this switch is in place, the spring goes under it.

Gene.
patpeery@aol.com  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:25:40 PM(UTC)
patpeery@aol.com

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
There suppose to be a pin on the control panel where the sequence switch was attached. When this switch is in place, the spring goes under it.

Gene.

Gene, I have figured it out, I think. We will see. thank you
patpeery@aol.com  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 1:46:18 PM(UTC)
patpeery@aol.com

I For The Life Of Me Cannot Figure Out How To Put This Darn Spring And Arm Back In This. I Have The New Part But I Am At An Absolute Logjam And About To Break!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!
abadfish66  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 1:55:01 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

With the sequence switch off, to the right of the control board 4 pin plug, there is a post. The arm oval shaped hole goes on that post. put the spring on the back side of the oval hole on the lever. Now the other end of the spring goes to the post that is twards the top of the control panel. You put the sequence switch on, and pull the lever down a bit so the sequence switch lays flat, and screw it back in place.
patpeery@aol.com  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 2:16:43 PM(UTC)
patpeery@aol.com

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
With the sequence switch off, to the right of the control board 4 pin plug, there is a post. The arm oval shaped hole goes on that post. put the spring on the back side of the oval hole on the lever. Now the other end of the spring goes to the post that is twards the top of the control panel. You put the sequence switch on, and pull the lever down a bit so the sequence switch lays flat, and screw it back in place.

GOT IT. Thanks so much! It is back together now and it still runs forever in the rinse cycle. Guess the sequence switch was not the answer. Any other opinions? Guess the only thing left is the electronic push button board??????
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 10:25:47 AM(UTC)
Gene

Remove the bottom panel and look for an envelope with the tech sheets on the right side under the dishwasher. It's usually between plastic tub and metal shield. Post it here if you'll need help with diagnosis.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply