Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aloisawyer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:26:43 PM(UTC)
aloisawyer

Groups: Registered

I have just purchased from Appliance Parts an Upper Wash Arm for my dishwasher. There were no installation instructions. The part is identified as AP3120022 (8193504). My order number from Appliance Parts is 1496483.

The upper wash arm comes in three parts. The two small parts are a locking mechanism which I will call FEMALE PART and MALE PART. The largest part looks like an eight inch boomerang. I will call it the WING ARM. My issue is with the placement of the WING ARM on the LONG ARM that bends up the inside back to the top of the dishwasher cabinet, stopping in the middle of the ceiling of the dishwasher. Water is meant to flow from the LONG ARM through the WING ARM. I do not know how to place the WING ARM on the LONG ARM. Here are my questions.
First, does the WING ARM go on top of the LONG ARM so that it will reside between the LONG ARM and the inner ceiling of the dishwasher cabinet. or does the WING ARM go under the LONG ARM?
Second, which side of the WING ARM faces the inner ceiling of the dishwasher cabinet and which faces the the bottom of the dishwasher cabinet.
Third, does the MALE PART of the locking mechanism get inserted in the FEMALE PART from the direction of the top of the inner ceiling of the dishwasher cabinet or does the MALE PART get inserted in the FEMALE PART from the direction of the bottom of the dishwasher?

Any help that you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.