Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Appva1  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 5:07:24 PM(UTC)
Appva1

Groups: Registered

A week ago (3 weeks after warranty ran out) my dishwasher stopped circulating water. It would fill the bottom with water, I would hear the pump run and the soap would drop out but no dishes were clean. After pulling it apart I found the plastic Motor Shaft Sleeve (shaft extension) was brokend just below the impeller. I ordered the Seal Kit (part 99003341) and replaced all the parts that came in the kit including the new aluminum motor shaft sleeve, the chopper blade, the boot seal and the seal seat cup. I cleaned out all the parts and wash arms to clean out all the deposits that built up in them. (It should be noted that when I took the dishwasher apart, it didn't have a chopper blade, so I had to clean out the screen just above where the chopper blade should have been). With the chopper blade installed the blade touched the screen a little so it makes a little noise as the blade cleans off the screen. I ran the dishwasher and it worked one time and then after the second time it had the same result as before (no water circulating). I took it back apart and the motor shaft sleeve was fine and when I spun the impeller I could hear the blade rub lightly against the screen. I started to troubleshoot the problem and ran the dishwasher in "rinse" cycle. I could hear each step in the cycle (water pump in, the motor turn on (and the chopper blade rub), and then the water pump out), but no water was circulated. I opened up the dishwasher quickly in the middle of a cycle and the water was splashing up from the bottom a little, but it wasn't spraying around the inside. The heating element was halfway submerged in the water. I took out the water distribution assembly to make sure it wasn't plugged up and it was clean. Any ideas as to what is happening?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.