Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
herman  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 8:12:15 AM(UTC)
herman

Groups: Registered

i'm not sure how to figure out how to diagnosis this. it has a p.c. board and i'm use to a timer. i semmto have a defrost probleum. what would be the best way to do this, is ther a way to diagnosis this board.
thank you
dave:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 10:37:25 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

These motherboards are known for a relatively high failure rate, often due to an erosion of one of the solder joints. If, by close inspection, you can locate such a disconnection on your board, it may be successfully resoldered, using proper component protection, i.e. heat protection.

One component you can check, both electricly and visually, is the defrost heater. It is located right under the evaporator, behind the rear panel inside the freezer. Chack it for continuity. If you see it glowing when you remove the panel, no need to check it, unless it is partialy dark (wait until it cycles off and cools down before touching it).

Let us know what you find.
herman  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2011 3:13:00 PM(UTC)
herman

The defrost heater was bad. Thank you. I hope this gets through because Iv,e posted other posts and rhey don,t seem to come up. Ihave another board probleum , my own frige. the only thing that works is the light. I have a clicking sound coming from one of the relays . There are no burn marks on the board I checked the J2 plug at 3&8 and also at3&4 no voltage. I did notice that every time it clicks the fan jerksn I want to go wiyh the board but don,t want to blow it with a bad part.
Appreaciate any help
Thank You Dave (Herman)
magician59  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 1:57:13 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Sounds like a board to me.
herman  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 3:53:56 AM(UTC)
herman

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like a board to me.

thank you so much I am going to order a board I will let you know how I make out. I,ve had my food out on the porch for about a week, I said to my wife this is so cool we are living off the grid. then she said i,ll grid you if you don,t get that frige fixed. Thanks Again Dave
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply