Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dpaisley  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 9:43:32 AM(UTC)
dpaisley

Groups: Registered

I know that there's probably an idiotically simple way to find the model number of my dishwasher, but I don't know what it is. The label on the unit is actually
In-Sink-Erator "Classic Supreme" which was identical to the top-of-the-line Kitchen Aid of the time--mid to late 1980's. I paid about $700 for the unit, and for the most part, it still runs like a jewel. Mechanically and electronically, everything continues to work perfectly; when I sold my former home in Iowa, I replaced this dishwasher with a $140 beater, re-installed it in my new home in Ohio, and it's worked perfectly ever since; EXCEPT for one annoying feature. The top rack has a female connector that hooks up with a male nozzle. The male nozzle is part of a molded plastic piece that fits into a rubber connector at the center top back of the unit. A couple of years ago, the molded plastic piece, which fits into the connector and sits on two rubber pins on the back wall of the unit, became disconnected; it pulled out with the top rack.

I fixed the problem temporarily with an automotive hose clamp, by tightening the joint between the rubber connector and the molded plastic piece; however, the plastic piece still breaks loose and then it's a rather acrobatic job, involving me lying on the piano bench bridging the dishwasher door and then reaching to the very back of the unit to reconnect the plastic piece with the connector, and then tightening the hose clamp. As easy as it appears to be for the plastic piece to come loose, it's a bear to get it reconnected.

Have others had this problem? Did you find a better solution? I've thought about various kinds of cement, but have been rather timid to try them.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.