Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
grj8  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 1:47:44 PM(UTC)
grj8

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Model 665.13773K600. It seems to have no power to the touch pad (top) control panel. I have already checked the circuit breaker and the power to the dishwasher. A friend said that it may perhaps be the "thermo fuse cut out" that needs to be replaced.
1) Is this true?
2) How can I remove the 1" thick control panel touch pad after removing the six screws- it seems to be stuck, and I don't want to break the plastic touchpad by forcing it.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:10:26 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]it may perhaps be the "thermo fuse cut out" that needs to be replaced.
1) Is this true?[/COLOR]
Yes it could be a fuse. Be sure to use the new harness that comes with it.
Part number: AP4423189
Part number: AP4423189

[COLOR="Blue"]
2) How can I remove the 1" thick control panel touch pad after removing the six screws- it seems to be stuck, and I don't want to break the plastic touchpad by forcing it.[/COLOR]
I am not sure about this. You may have to remove the vent cover from the inside of the door. It unscrews.
Here is a manual I think your control panel is removed is the same way (page 4-14).
Hopefully someone else will jump in with better info.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
grj8  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:04:23 AM(UTC)
grj8

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

I did manage to open the panel to get to the touchpad control (it was eight screws instead of six!)

I noticed right away that one of the connectors looked a little melted/burned. It is the CON2 (from the control board circuit diagram) four pin (1 closed) connector that includes P6, P8 & P9, Door switched-L1 from Pilot Relay. Also there is some melted plastic on the P9 pin on the board. If needed I can attach a picture.

The fuse also did not show continuity on my analog multimeter set at R x10 or at x1K

Q1) Is it possible to replace the connector housing simply? And how? and having minimal appliance and electrical knowledge, is this something I can do.

Q2) Do you think the board is damaged and needs to be replaced in addition to the thermal fuse?
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Electronic control board, part number: AP4309110

Q3) And last but not least any idea how this happened- anything I can actively do to prevent it happening again?

Thanks in advance for all the wonderful assistance and this great site!
grj8  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:43:05 AM(UTC)
grj8

Thanks for your assistance.

It has been a few weeks and everything seems to be working well. I bought the above part, clipped the wires, reattache to the new thermostat including the harness. I did NOT replace the board but I did clean it area of the board that had the melted plastic as well as the four-pin plastic housing, plugged it back in and everything seems to be working well.

Thanks again.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply