Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MaytagPat  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:48:56 AM(UTC)
MaytagPat

Groups: Registered

A big chunck of the black plastic door handle on my diswasher broke off, right where you insert your fingers to pull on the handle to open it. Looking on the internet, it looks like I have to buy both the replacment plastic panel (it runs the full width of the door and is about 4" tall), and the entire control panel (even though the controls all work fine). The control panel sits in a oval shaped opening in the plastic panel. They are two seperate parts, but maybe they're glued together or attached together in some way. Needless to say, the cost of the control panel really drives up the cost of the whole assembly. First question is this: 1. Is it possible to buy only the plastic panel and not the oval shaped control panel that sits in the oval shaped opening in the black plastic handle? Second question: 2. Can someone please point me to a good source for manuals to assist me with the removal and reinstallation of the panel? Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.