Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
v2k04  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:28:50 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

That dishwasher may fall under Maytags recall of being a fire hazard. The jet dry disp/soap disp leaks the water runs down the wires and smokes the motor. You have to check the serial number to see if it falls into that recall I did a ton of those last winter the kit comes with a new door panel and wire harness and insulation. Maytag dishwashers grommet in the soap door always leaked if you remove the front panel you'll probably see damage
repairbymyself  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:58:44 AM(UTC)
repairbymyself

Groups: Registered

v2k04:
Thanks for the info on the recall of Maytag dishwashers due to a leaking soap dispenser. I found a URL about it here:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07094.html . Mine is not one of the listed as having a leaking soap dispenser.
repairbymyself  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 11:23:48 AM(UTC)
repairbymyself

Does anybody in this forum have an opinion on my idea of running my dishwasher again to pinpoint where it is leaking (which previously caused the circuit breaker to trip), or would this action possibly damage the dishwasher by causing a short again and tripping the circuit breaker once again?
v2k04  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 11:32:27 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Maytags will leak in these spots ]
1) the motor pump seal and water would pool up on the floor under motor and you would see water damage to floor and motor
2) the soap dispenser the grommet is rubber and shrinks over time and water goes through latch assy and runs down inside door panel and leaks around the door hinges
3) if the corner gaskets are missing inside tub
4) door seal
5) The lower spray arm spilts open and creats turbulance in the water and the water splashes up and over the tub lip
6) the door doesn't latch tight enough and the latch needs adjusted

You are going to have to run it to pinpoint the leak otherwise you would just be guessing at it The most common is the grommet in the soap door latch I have probably replaced several hundred of those seals Run it with the door panel off and the bottom toe panel removed
repairbymyself  
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:37:14 AM(UTC)
repairbymyself

Originally Posted by: v2k04 Go to Quoted Post
…the soap dispenser the grommet is rubber and shrinks over time and water goes through latch assy and runs down inside door panel and leaks around the door hinges….

Sorry for the delay – it has been about four (4) months since I have been able to address my broken dishwasher (no, I am not bumping up the thread up). And yes, all that time I have been washing my dishes by hand!

I finally got around to dissembling the front panel and can view the soap dispenser latch assembly. I see a lot of crusted/dried soap around the soap dispenser (see the pictures) and strongly suspect the soap dispenser grommet as the culprit, as you suggested it was a strong possibility for investigation.

The only remaining question is how to test for leaks by turning on the dishwasher to watch for leaks with the toe panel and the door panel removed – when I remove the door panel, I can’t get the dishwasher to start. I tried lifting the metal latch that the door hinges on when it is closed to simulate closing the door, but no luck. Only when assemble and then close the dishwasher door have I been able to start the dishwasher.

I’m sure there is a simple answer to getting the dishwasher to operate with the front door panel off but I don’t know what it is. How do I do it?
File Attachment(s):
01 - overview pic.pdf (322kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
02 - soap on soap door latch and grommet.pdf (236kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
03 - lots of dried soap below the latch.pdf (257kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
04 - removed latch assembly.pdf (255kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
v2k04  
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:24:53 PM(UTC)
v2k04

hold the door switches in
v2k04  
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:26:49 PM(UTC)
v2k04

but dont run it with the door open lol unless you need a shower
repairbymyself  
#18 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 3:01:21 PM(UTC)
repairbymyself

Originally Posted by: v2k04 Go to Quoted Post
hold the door switches in

Sorry again - haven't been able to get to my dishwasher lately - how do I hold the door switches in on my maytag (to check for leaks with the dishwasher running) if the door is open - aren't the electrical contacts for the door switch somehow buried in the door - how do I locate them?
v2k04  
#19 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 7:44:14 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Well it's pretty obvious its been leaking otherwise it wouldn't look like that just get a new grommet
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply