Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrbill74  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:29:46 AM(UTC)
mrbill74

Groups: Registered

Six years ago, my Kenmore dishwasher made only a buzzing or humming sound when I turned the knob to start the washing cycle. The repairman came out, pulled the bottom grill, stuck either his hand or a screwdriver inside, and within two seconds had the dishwasher running. I'm not sure what he did, but whatever it was, it was very quick and very easy. He asked me afterward if it had been awhile since I used the dishwasher. I told him it might have been three weeks or so. Today, my dishwasher is making the exact same noise as it did six years ago. Any idea what the previous 'quick fix' might have been? I still use the dishwasher infrequently, so I'm guessing my problem now is the same as six years ago. Any help you can offer (complete with any 'idiot proof' diagrams which might be available) would be greatly appreciated!
Bill Lewis
mrbill@blitz-it.net
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.