Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Potsnpans  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:03:45 AM(UTC)
Potsnpans

Groups: Registered

I have a 2 year old Whilpool GU3600XTSB2 that has a flashing power scrub light. It won't start and if I try to push other cycle buttons like the 'normal' or 'adaptive wash' they start flashing also. Pushing the cancel button does nothing. If I kill the power and then turn it back on the power scrub light starts flashing again with alternating 2 slow flashes with quick flashes. Any ideas as to what is wrong? And how to fix it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:06:15 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Potsnpans Go to Quoted Post
I have a 2 year old Whilpool GU3600XTSB2 that has a flashing power scrub light. It won't start and if I try to push other cycle buttons like the 'normal' or 'adaptive wash' they start flashing also. Pushing the cancel button does nothing. If I kill the power and then turn it back on the power scrub light starts flashing again with alternating 2 slow flashes with quick flashes. Any ideas as to what is wrong? And how to fix it.

Potsnpans,

Your description indicates you have a malfunctioning touchpad,or loose touchpad tail assembly or bad control board in the control panel,

You may want to try and program the control test program(per the technical data sheet, attached to the backside of the kick plate panel on the front of the machine), to varify that.

But I'm pretty sure you'll need the touchpad assembly,

Part number: AP3951368
Part number: AP3951368

UserPostedImage

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply