Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DirtyDirt  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 4:23:14 PM(UTC)
DirtyDirt

Groups: Registered

Our GE dishwasher is probably 2 years old but only installed in our new house for a year.

Lately it'll sound like it's doing it's thing at the beginning, filling with water and then about 10min later, you can smell a burning plastic odour. It's like the elements are heating but the water doesn't fill up. We're good at putting our dishes in rinsed off, so there shouldn't be any food clogging anything. It's weird, every other time, the cycle will work, but it takes a lot of starting it, reseting it, and trying again...it's REALLY annoying...and scary if you walk away and forget. My hubby pulled it out and no lines are pinched or anything. And I read in my manual to turn the breaker off for 30 seconds and that didn't even work. My hubby just tried again and now it's working...the dishes will be perfectly clean...I don't get what's going on?? Has this happened to anyone?
Vanessa
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.