Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tom Merchant  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2010 3:07:48 PM(UTC)
Tom Merchant

Groups: Registered

Our dishwasher's normal cycle takes about 4 hours! The dishes do come out clean, but really 4 hours? Nothing in the manual troubleshooting page addresses this. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks!

Tom
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sbk101  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:55:49 AM(UTC)
sbk101

is your sanitize light on when the cycle is over? does your rinse water get really hot where it is steaming in your face when you open the machine at completion? if not it might be faulty circuitboard.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 3:03:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Tom,

What is shown on the display (if there is any) at the end of the cycle?

What is the incoming water temperature inside the dishwasher?

Gene.
krylands  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:53:23 PM(UTC)
krylands

I'm having a similar problem. In fact, I turned on the dishwasher just before dinner tonight, and here it is nearly midnight and the thing is still running.

Water temps and everything else seems to work fine. (The water temp when I open the machine--during both wash and rinse cycle--is hot.) But the darned thing just keeps washing and washing and washing, then rinsing and rinsing and rinsing for hours. At the end of everything, the CLEAN indicator light appears. At that point, I typically open the door and have to leave it open a crack because the dishes aren't particularly dry. (Is this a DIFFERENT problem?)

Am I losing a ton of water through this process? I realize I'm butting in on someone else's post. But I appreciate the responses...AND just knowing that this is not a completely unusual problem. THANKS.
sbk101  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:27:18 AM(UTC)
sbk101

krylans,

Does your machine have a sanitize light in addition to the clean light? If so, is it on when you open door along with sanitize light?

Will your machine stop on its own? What happens if you press the cancel/drain sequence?

Check this out.
http://www.appliancejournal.com/appliance-parts/bosch-appliance-parts/bosch-dishwasher-control-module-266746-37/

S
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply