Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dishwasherDave  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2010 12:57:28 PM(UTC)
dishwasherDave

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher has nearly an inch of water left in the bottom of it after it finishes washing. Is there a filter or something that can be cleaned or is it some other proiblem? I dont have a manual, I removed a screen type filter, witch was not plugged and the water still hasnt drained. Please help as i am tired of washing dishes by hand:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cmack19  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 4:25:34 AM(UTC)
cmack19

Originally Posted by: dishwasherDave Go to Quoted Post
My dishwasher has nearly an inch of water left in the bottom of it after it finishes washing. Is there a filter or something that can be cleaned or is it some other proiblem? I dont have a manual, I removed a screen type filter, witch was not plugged and the water still hasnt drained. Please help as i am tired of washing dishes by hand:)

Assume you have covered the usual checks in the instruction manual. I found the following on the BOSCH site when trying to solve draining problems: Frequently Asked Questions

There is also a video (How do I unblock my dishwasher pump?)

This didn't help me, so I ended up disconnecting the dishwasher and lying it on its back. I removed the two (brass) screws on either side of the baseplate at the front, then needed to remove the lower 6 screws inside the door to remove the front (white) panel of the door. This gives you enough room to remove the next metal plate to let you into the area in the base of the dishwasher. You'll see a short (30cm or so) length of pipe which leads from the drain pump. The pipe is just a push fit, so I took this out and gave it a good clean.

This has improved my problem (dirty dishes and dirty water in the DW at the end of the cycle) but it is still not 100%. I think I might need to investiagate the drain further down the line for more fouling/blockage.

I'm a DIYer and have never taken a DW apart before!
Applianceaid  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:47:09 PM(UTC)
Applianceaid

Hello,

Here is a video that explains how to clean the drain pump on this dishwasher, this is a very common issue on these units. Hope this video helps.

Bosch DW Repair Video
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply