Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mydogsmom  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:14:25 PM(UTC)
mydogsmom

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher soap dispenser will not flip open. The release tab looks broken. Also the spring on the door doesn't work. I am unable to find the model number on the dishwasher. Is this tab and spring something that can be repaired by taking the door apart? How can I find out the model number? It is definitely not on the dishwasher. The dishwasher door also has a problem listed previously in another post. I don't know whether to buy a new one or try to repair. Thanks!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:46:35 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Your model number shold be on a tag on the frame, if you open the door and look around where the door rests you should see it. It is normally 11 numbers long on a Kenmore (like 665.12345678)

Nat
mydogsmom  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:32:10 PM(UTC)
mydogsmom

I swear the model number is nowhere to be found on the dishwasher unless possibly on the backside. I did go online though and found the model number. It is 665.1571592. I did go online and found a diagram of the inner door parts on the Sears website. There is a release tab that I can get but without taking apart the inner door I can't tell how to get the old one out and the new one in. I also can not tell if I need to order a new door, spring and pin or not. I can't figure out how to arrange the spring to get the door to flip open. The current spring seems to look like the diagram. Maybe a tab on the door is broken? How is the tension on the spring created??

However, in trying to figure this all out I tried to take the inner door off. Now I have a new problem...there is one screw on the inner door that is stripped. It just turns and turns. I've tried pliers pulling it and turning it, putting a screwdriver between the inner door and the frame to create tension and then unscrewing it. I'm about ready to try to find a hacksaw and saw the screwhead off. Any other suggestions?? Thanks for reading through this and trying to help. I'm a single mom trying to be a fix-it-herselfer! :cool:

Barb
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:44:19 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Barb,
Ok, to I want to see if we can locate a couple of numbers, on the dispenser door there should be a part number stamped in it and on timer or controls or possibly the door itself. With part number I can help cross referense it.

As for the screw use a putty knife between the inner and outer door, pressed to the screw and then try to unscrew it. The putty knie should give you some threads to work with it.

Natalie
mydogsmom  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:14:48 PM(UTC)
mydogsmom

Thanks for replying Nat! I can not find one part number on this dishwasher to save my life! I still can't get the screw off either. I tried a putty knife and that might have gained me 1/32 more. Any other tricks?

If you go to this website, the diagram all looks like my dishwasher...
http://www.searspartsdirect.com...0Sub%20Components%20list

I'm about ready to hang it up.

Thanks!
Barb
libertyappl  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:19:12 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

I saw that breakdown. ( Use that site a lot to get Kenmore part numbers, since Kenmore soesn't actually make anything)
Using that picture you can pretty much see how things go together.
As for that one screw.....If all else fails use the hacksaw then then pliers to get the rest of it out.

Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply