Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
geoc  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 12:48:04 PM(UTC)
geoc

Groups: Registered

I am presuming that the problem is within the electronics, but which part is most likely defective, Electronic Control Assy. P/N 9743448 or Switch, Panel P/N 9743242?

Suddenly quit doing any wash cycles. When attempting to start any cycle, now will only exhibit green "clean" led lamp and red "cancel" led lamp, both at the same time. I can hear the motor running for a short time before this happens, but there is no normal activity.

Unit completed a successful wash and drain yesterday with no problem.

This same problem occurred 4-5 years ago and ended up with the serviceman making three trips and $400+. I know he replaced one of those modules, but I don't know which one.

Knowing a little bit about computers, I'm willing to tackle this one myself because it is a quality unit and I don't look forward to replacing the dishwasher, even if it is an older model.

Thanks for any insight or recommendation on which part (or both) that I should order. Perhaps I should order both, install the most likely, and return the other one if the first one works, huh?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

v2k04  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 2:45:07 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

Check the door switch/latch assembly maybe a bad microswitch (there's2 of them) you can check continuity with an ohm meter.It's a start to find the problem
geoc  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:26:03 AM(UTC)
geoc

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: v2k04 Go to Quoted Post
Check the door switch/latch assembly maybe a bad microswitch (there's2 of them) you can check continuity with an ohm meter.It's a start to find the problem

Thanks, but continuity otherwise appears OK. Anyone have experience with these particular circuit boards?
v2k04  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:12:51 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

Well unfortunately there is no troubleshooting or repair on the boards themselves as the manufacturer doesn't disclose any of that info As with all troubleshooting and diagnostics you find out what it isn't and that generally leads you to what it is thats broke.Thats why I had you test the interlock mech.first so that could get ruled out. boards are replaced as an assembley,theres no repair on them. here is a link to a tech sheet for your machine, which is what a technician has to go by,,, Knock yourself out......
http://www.bemans.com/downloads/techsheet.zip The file exceeded the load limit for this forum so I uploaded it to my server, By the way I have 3 dishwashers like yours in my shop that are used if you want parts off them.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply