Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gattaca  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 6:50:29 AM(UTC)
gattaca

Groups: Registered

Hi, Have a Bosche SHU5316UC/U11 dishwasher which had its control board replaced in 2003 due to the heater common heater overhead circuit point. Now, 4 years later the unit was doing something similar so I removed the board, soldered the joint well and reassembled the unit. It ran fine for about 2 weeks and yesterday it decided to not cut off again, ran down to 1 minute and then ran and ran. I've run thru the self-diagnostics and it came back with 1 so I cleaned the filter trap, then it came back 0. Now the unit wants to display "2H" when it starts and it does not count-down. Is the control-board toast or is there some other problem w/ this "2H" in the display? I'm prepared to buy the control board but if something else is wrong, it may be time to scrape the unit and go new. You help is much appreciated! Vincent
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

gattaca  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:00:10 AM(UTC)
gattaca

Hi, Update from yesterday. After doing more forum reading and searching, seems these units have a short term memory and you need to run them thru several cycles, allowing them count down normally to clear out the earlier failures. My 2H went away, when I pressed some of the other wash selections which then I let it run. I'm sure the heater is working as the water was plenty hot so I think I induced the 2H when I interrupted one of the tests. I've run the unit now thru 2 or 3 cycles now and it is behaving normally. So I think so far it has a been a combo of the burnt relay solder joint AND a food trap which may have needed to be cleaned or at least that's what I'm hoping. The next step I think would be to replace the control board as everything else seems to be checking out. I've read and the last guy to service the unit told me that sometimes repairing the burnt solder joint does not fix the problem. He also said that Bosch was on the 3rd Revision of these control boards for this very problem....and that he replaces 2 or 3 a week..... I'll post if I have any more news. Later..
gattaca  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 11:04:02 AM(UTC)
gattaca

Just wanted to followup. After cleaning the trap and letting the unit cycle a few times, it returned to normal. Someone else posted the control board has some level of memory on it. The unit has been working fine, normal count downs and no issues since soldering and cleaning the traps.
Many thanks to folks here for saving me from buying a new board or washer.

Have a great holiday.
gattaca  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 3:37:30 AM(UTC)
gattaca

Hi, a update on the solder repair.

I finally had to replace the time control board in the Bosch dishwasher. The unit started the excessively long run times and staying on '1' minute forever a few weeks ago. I rechecked the relay solder connections and they remained solid so I replaced the board after !~ 8 months of working OK after the solder repair.

Since replacement, the unit has been running fine for the past few weeks - no excessive run times or hanging on "1" again. I also noticed that the control board circuitry has been redesigned from my prior board, so hopefully, this time the engineers got it right. Later.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply