Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
icladyv  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 11:11:47 PM(UTC)
icladyv

Groups: Registered

My whirlpool dishwasher will not get dishes clean, top rack worse than bottom. When i turn it on, i hear the water start to fill, then pause, then fill again (sounds like weak water pressure comming in )it fills for about a minute and it starts wash cycle. The spray arms sounds like they are barely rotating, all the buttons are okey, and it goes through the whole cycle okey, and drains okey, but it seems to me there is not enough water pressure or something to turn the spray arms we double checked the water valve to make sure it was fully on. so is it the Motor? Pump? or something else. Also this dishwasher was in the house when we bought it, and have no diagrams or manual. Thanks for any help on this.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 2:58:02 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dump a few gallons of extra water in and see if it now works. If so,replace the water solenoid, fill time seems normal.
If not,turn the water off to the dishwasher, pull the torq screws off the upper filter assembly and remove the half round pump cover, just remove screw and pry it off.
Sponge out the rest of the water and if the chopper is clogged, replace it together with the check valve next to it. Check valve part #8268375, chopper #8268383, available at this sites parts supplier.
If ok, add a little water and run the dishwasher to see if the pump sprays water. If not, you have a motor that is polled to run backwards so replace it.Part # 8535760 Before buying,remove motor and verify the impeller is not broken, Part # 8193951
acstella  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 6:15:01 AM(UTC)
acstella

Sounds like the there may be debri clogging up the water flow. I just repaired mine. I started with the same basic symptons. Poor washing, mostly the upper rack. I set the arms in a specfic postition, let the washer run for a moment and quicky opened the door. It was obvious the upper arm was not moving. I did observe some water coming out of the arm.
After taking apart the inside of the washer all the way to the "shredder wheel" (Not really sure the actual name). I did clean out several pieces of glass, plastic and bones. My water pressure came back up and it seems to be running normal.
v2k04  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 6:27:59 AM(UTC)
v2k04

acstella has a good answer those tall tub s get plugged up and poor washability you have to remove the lower spray arm then the feed tube going to upper arm then the 4 #15 torx screws of the filter once you get that off you'''see a lot of sludge there is 1 sometimes two depending on the design torx hold the washer impellar gard thats where the obstuctions lye if the water fill is just under the heat element it is getting enough water
icladyv  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 8, 2008 6:42:15 AM(UTC)
icladyv

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Dump a few gallons of extra water in and see if it now works. If so,replace the water solenoid, fill time seems normal.
If not,turn the water off to the dishwasher, pull the torq screws off the upper filter assembly and remove the half round pump cover, just remove screw and pry it off.
Sponge out the rest of the water and if the chopper is clogged, replace it together with the check valve next to it. Check valve part #8268375, chopper #8268383, available at this sites parts supplier.
If ok, add a little water and run the dishwasher to see if the pump sprays water. If not, you have a motor that is polled to run backwards so replace it.Part # 8535760 Before buying,remove motor and verify the impeller is not broken, Part # 8193951

Richappy, you were right on the money about the water level, i did just as you said, dumped a couple gallons of water in the bottom..turned it on, let it run, yep....clean dishes. My husband took it apart, shredder wheel was fine, no clogs so it meant the water inlet valve was bad as he contacted a whirlpool rapairman first as (he )wanted to affirm what could be wrong . We replaced the water inlet valve number 8563406 which must have been partially clogged with rust or debris from the water sediments. Your site didnt have the number we needed in stock at the time so we had to get it locally. I sure wish we would have been able to order it from this site as it cost locally about 50 dollars, and this site would have only been around 30 dollars. But its fixed and Now it is working great!!! Thanks so much to all of you guys, and Richappy, you know your whirlpools..... thanks again so much for your advice...
richappy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 1:34:48 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks so much for your kind words, means a lot to me.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply