Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jan85255  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 3:05:09 PM(UTC)
Jan85255

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher is leaking from directly under the water inlet opening. The bezel inlet fell off into the tub of the dishwasher.
I am unable to "screw" it in, as it seems that whole thing gets pushed back or around as I attempt to put it in place and push and turn at the same time.

There is no seal or gasket, just the bezel inlet, and on the other side of the stainless tub, the connector leading to the hose.

Is there a special tool I should use? What is the secret to getting the water inlet bezel back on? Thank you for your help.
J
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Zanshin  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 3:30:45 PM(UTC)
Zanshin

I'm trying to picture what part you are referring to, is it where the water starts to enter the tub to fill? If so you will have to pull the dishwasher out from under the cabinent in order to push in from the back side as you try to screw the large plastic washer back on, check the black o-ring seal for cracks or damage that would have caused the leak.
Jan85255  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 4:45:17 PM(UTC)
Jan85255

That is exactly the part, and that is exactly what I have to do. Thank you so much for your answer!! I did not want to unscrew and pull out until I was sure that was necessary. You are the best! Thank you so much!!
J There was no gasket with it, should there have been?
Here is a picture of the piece that I found on line: (put in the "************" without quotes where you see the stars below)
[url]http://www.************.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=747418&PPStack=1
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply