Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bmanapp  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 1:32:40 AM(UTC)
bmanapp

Groups: Registered

Been having a problem with my kenmore dishwasher not filling with water. Initially it would fill with a very light trickle of water but now will not fill at all. If I manually fill the washer with water from the sink faucet the wash cycle will work fine.

I've been assuming the problem was a faulty water inlet valve. I've followed the troubleshooting advice I've seen in other threads and I'm now a bit confused by what I'm getting. I checked continuity across the water inlet valve and it reads 1. This is good, right? Next I checked for voltage when during the fill cycle and it is only reading ~88 volts. The other posts I've seen indicate the voltage should be ~120. Previous to that voltage reading I was just going to replace the inlet valve (i cleaned the filter and this didn't help) but now I'm confused and wondering if I've got an electrical problem unrelated to the valve. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 2:26:19 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for KENMORE 66516032401 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet
http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%208535451.pdf

[COLOR="Blue"]I checked continuity across the water inlet valve and it reads 1. This is good, right?[/COLOR]
I would say this is too low. Be sure you are using the most sensitive meter scale, usually 200 ohms.

[COLOR="Blue"] Next I checked for voltage when during the fill cycle and it is only reading ~88 volts. The other posts I've seen indicate the voltage should be ~120.[/COLOR]
Yes it should be 120 volts.
Check the voltage at the wires going to the valve with the wires disconnected from the valve. Could be that the valve solenoid coil is partially shorted internally and is pulling the voltage down.

If you get 120 volts odds are the valve is toast.

If you still see 88 volts. Hook the valve up again and measure across the overfill switch. If you see approximately 30 volts across the switch then it's contacts are toast. You could double check this by shorting the switch wires together, taping them so they cannot short to anything else and giving it a try. If it not runs OK replace the switch.

If it is not the overfill switch then check the wires from the valve/switch combo back to the control board.
If all OK then odds are it is a control board problem.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dgdl441  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:40:25 AM(UTC)
dgdl441

Groups: Registered

thanks for coming our site: nike,nike shoes,jordan shoes-www.nikeok.com , best quality and customer service here!be pleased to inform you,we just updated our site products online, and now you can place order and get a good deal with discount price online, below some changes for your informations;1. all items with reasonable prices, and easy to order.2, if you order over 120usd, all items will be free shipping.3, for above 200usd order, we hv a special gifts for every packages.our shipping service as following;a. payment: Paypal/western union/money gramb. shipping way: EMS,USPS,DHLc. shipping time: about 3-5daysd. deliver model: door deliveryyou can place order online, we will get your order details when you finish order online,thanks for your time!all the bestqingcustomer service rep.nike,nike shoes,jordan shoes-www.nikeok.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply