Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Washman  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:32:32 PM(UTC)
Washman

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher has been working flawlessly...until now. Machine finished normal cycles (wash and dry) and all was fine. However, now the "Lock On" light continually BLINKS when the door is closed. [The light is not on steady, but is blinking] I have attempted to get the Lock On Blinking light to stop by following the manual instructions: "To turn off the Lock, press and hold NO HEAT DRY for 4 seconds. The light turns off." However the light continues to blink. With it blinking, all buttons are disabled, thus I can not select any cycle, or even select "Start" or "Cancel". When the door is UNlocked, the blinking Lock On light goes out; however, when the door is closed and locked again, it starts blinking. It appears that the control panel selections are out of sequence, or that there should be some button combination to reset the control panel to the "normal" or default settings. As it is, there is no response from any controls. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Strong  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2007 12:17:02 PM(UTC)
Strong

We seem to have a similar problem. See my thread.

I went so far as replacing the control panel and it worked . . . once. Now I have a different light flashing and it won't work again unless I shut the breaker off for a few days, turn the breaker back on and push the right buttons before the light flashes again . . . and then it works fine.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2007 7:14:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Washman

The blinking "lock" light means the control senses one or more pads on the key pad got stuck. To fix this problem the key pad has to be replaced. The manufacturer does nor sell it separate, so you have to buy the console assembly. Because you did not post the color of your dishwasher I give part numbers for all available colors.

- The part number for the black console AP

- The part number for the white console AP3097086

- The part number for the almond console AP3097087

Good luck.
Gene.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2007 7:16:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Strong

Which light is blinking now?
The control board has a self diagnosis abilities and it shown by different lights.

Gene.
Strong  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2007 5:40:03 PM(UTC)
Strong

Quick Rinse
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2007 5:56:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

I also need the complete model number and the make of your dishwasher.

Gene.
Strong  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2007 12:36:15 PM(UTC)
Strong

Kenmore Model No. 665.17777990
Washman  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 12:51:09 AM(UTC)
Washman

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Washman

The blinking "lock" light means the control senses one or more pads on the key pad got stuck. To fix this problem the key pad has to be replaced. The manufacturer does nor sell it separate, so you have to buy the console assembly. Because you did not post the color of your dishwasher I give part numbers for all available colors.

- The part number for the black console AP

- The part number for the white console AP3097086

- The part number for the almond console AP3097087

Good luck.
Gene.

Thanks for your assistance. Apologize for my late reply; however, this dishwasher is in my vacation home and only get there every 2-3 weeks. Your diagnosis is most helpful and ultimately I will have to get the new panel. Between visits, over the past 2-weeks, I had the C/B off to the dishwasher. Given your disgnosis of a touch pad sensor problem and with the help of my wife, decide to try simultaneously reset the C/B and press the wash cycle and start pads on the control panel to see if we could "select" before the blinking light started. IT WORKED! All washing (3) and drying (2) cycles worked and the green Clean light came on when it was finished. After approximately 2 minutes. the blinking red light started again. Turned the C/B off again for 24-hours and again went through this same process with the next load. Worked fine but same results. This is a rather inconvenient process to wash dishes so it looks like a panel replacement is in my future. In the meantime, there is a process to wash the dishes and I know the mechancial steps are working fine. Again, thanks for your insight and diagnosis of my problem
Gene  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 8:00:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Strong

The first thing I would check is how the power cord is connected to the dishwasher. The hot wire should be connected to the hot and the neutral to the neutral. In case of reversed polarity it could be a lot of different problems.
If this is not the issue then I would recommend to read the Whirlpool service pointer (attached) regarding such problem and make sure you replaced the control board with the right one.

Good luck.
Gene.
File Attachment(s):
8178151.pdf (48kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
Fixitfast  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 4:37:37 PM(UTC)
Fixitfast

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered

Originally Posted by: Washman Go to Quoted Post
Dishwasher has been working flawlessly...until now. Machine finished normal cycles (wash and dry) and all was fine. However, now the "Lock On" light continually BLINKS when the door is closed. [The light is not on steady, but is blinking] I have attempted to get the Lock On Blinking light to stop by following the manual instructions: "To turn off the Lock, press and hold NO HEAT DRY for 4 seconds. The light turns off." However the light continues to blink. With it blinking, all buttons are disabled, thus I can not select any cycle, or even select "Start" or "Cancel". When the door is UNlocked, the blinking Lock On light goes out; however, when the door is closed and locked again, it starts blinking. It appears that the control panel selections are out of sequence, or that there should be some button combination to reset the control panel to the "normal" or default settings. As it is, there is no response from any controls. Does anyone have any suggestions?

When you find any answer let me know I have the same problem I killed the power for 10 min. turned back on problem still exists, did something on the board go bad?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply