Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jim Parker  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:11:08 PM(UTC)
Jim Parker

Groups: Registered

I ordered and installed a control board. The instructions told me to check the fuse which I did and it is okay. After I installed the control board and put the door panel back on I tried to start the dishwasher. I pushed every button and nothing happened. Just like it was before I ordered the control board. I checked the power source and it is okay. I just can't seem to bring it back to life. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Zanshin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:20:28 PM(UTC)
Zanshin

I assume the fuse you mean is the one thats attached directly to the control itself, white ,small square with a thermal link attached to it. This should be checked for continuity. Very common failure and they have a redesigned kit which splices the bad terminals going to the fuse and has new ones, another cause for opening the thermal fuse is loose wire nuts at the junction box causing excess current flow.
If this checks good, check power supply going to the fuse (two black wires) and also the black whites at the door switch for 115 volts ac
Jim Parker  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 9:47:34 AM(UTC)
Jim Parker

I checked the voltage coming into the dishwasher it is 120 volts. I rechecked the wire nuts to insure they were not loose. Next I went to the door latch to check for voltage. I didn't have any. I traced the wiring back to the junction box and found nothing wrong. I went ahead and checked the fuse and it had no power either. I thought about putting a jumper wire directly from the power source to the door switch but I decided to contact you for more suggestions. Can you give me more help? Or should I start shopping for a new dishwasher.
Zanshin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 10:11:59 AM(UTC)
Zanshin

On checking the fuse its more important to check continuity then voltage, Do you know how to check this?, assume you have a piece of wire if you went from one end to the other it would be 0 ohms or no resistence if the wire was damaged or broken you would show no continuity or O.L on a digital meter for outer limits.
when you said you checked the door switch you have two black and two white going to "microswitches", two black have 115 volts the two white's are neutral and won't show any volts. Check black to white or black to ground, also you can check continuity of those micro switches (WITH POWER OFF) by pressing the tabs down with a small screwdriver.
Jim Parker  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 1:02:28 PM(UTC)
Jim Parker

The microswitches check out good and the fuse checks out good and the control board is new,or could I have gotten a bad control borad?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply