Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrusson  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:51:58 PM(UTC)
mrusson

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool GU2700XTSQ1 dishwasher. I have the typical top rack not cleaning problem. I have removed the rear washer tube that leads to the top sprayer, no clogs. Upper arm is clear, lower arm is clear. I also removed the lower cover, checked the chopper screen and inlet, no clogs. There is a screen inside that I cannot get to. It appears to have some sort of paper or cloth sticking through the screen with a 50% block. Perhaps a sticker or label from a dish. I see this screen when looking straight down from the top while looking into the main water discharge opening. I can see no way to clean this screen without removing the dishwasher, removing the entire pump assembly, remove motor/impellor assy. and then locating the screen.
Is anyone familiar with the screen i'm talking about? it is not the screen that is part of the chopper assy.
Thanks for ANY help you may have. My wife doesn't like dirty dishes.....:o).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 2:01:46 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mrusson Go to Quoted Post
I have a whirlpool GU2700XTSQ1 dishwasher. I have the typical top rack not cleaning problem. I have removed the rear washer tube that leads to the top sprayer, no clogs. Upper arm is clear, lower arm is clear. I also removed the lower cover, checked the chopper screen and inlet, no clogs. There is a screen inside that I cannot get to. It appears to have some sort of paper or cloth sticking through the screen with a 50% block. Perhaps a sticker or label from a dish. I see this screen when looking straight down from the top while looking into the main water discharge opening. I can see no way to clean this screen without removing the dishwasher, removing the entire pump assembly, remove motor/impellor assy. and then locating the screen.
Is anyone familiar with the screen i'm talking about? it is not the screen that is part of the chopper assy.
Thanks for ANY help you may have. My wife doesn't like dirty dishes.....:o).

Sorry,

We're not going to be a lot of help.

No service manual available for your unit, what we do have does't apply to your unit.

But you should be able to access the wash pump interior, by removing the accumulator (top of the wash pump) and be able to check the sump area for debris.

I've attached the parts diagram, so you'll have a somewhat better idea of what I'm trying to explain.

After you've cleared any debris,

The other thing to look for, is a proper water level, if the water level is low you won't have enough water or pressure to pump the water up to the spray arms.

(Water level after a fill and a 5 minute run at the start of a wash cycle should be in contact with the bottom of the heater element).

Unless someone out there on the forum has a service manual, and you want to wait until someone responds, this is the best we can do for now.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Pump and motor parts replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GU2700XTSQ1 Undercounter Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com
mrusson  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 2:30:12 PM(UTC)
mrusson

Thanks for the research guys. I really appreciate it. I decided to post a picture to give some others a better idea of where i'm looking at. The screen in question is indicated by the red arrow. This would be the main discharge opening I assume. The chopper and chopper protector sit next to it in the sump indicated by the blue arrow. Maybe someone has seen this screen sitting down inside the main pump discharge area? Thanks again everyone.

P.S. The screen is located near the bottom of the main discharge opening close to the main pump impellor.
mrusson attached the following image(s):
whirlpool parts.jpg
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 11:01:40 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks for the research guys. I really appreciate it. I decided to post a picture to give some others a better idea of where i'm looking at. The screen in question is indicated by the red arrow. This would be the main discharge opening I assume. The chopper and chopper protector sit next to it in the sump indicated by the blue arrow. Maybe someone has seen this screen sitting down inside the main pump discharge area? Thanks again everyone.

P.S. The screen is located near the bottom of the main discharge opening close to the main pump impellor.

Are you sure you're not looking at the backside of the sump/pump screen / separator ? (part number 12 AP3039191 / 8268391)

I don't recall ever seeing a screen in the area you're describing.

I've included a manual for a similar unit(the wash pump is basically the same) so you'll have something to refer to.

Click Here
mrusson  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 12:18:44 PM(UTC)
mrusson

Joe,
I spent a few hours last night removing the washer from the counter, then removed the entire pump and accumulator assembly. After removing the main pump motor, I realized that you are correct. I was looking at the rear of the separator screen. After removing the motor, chopper and chopper guard, i cleaned the screen and everything else I could. I flushed the drain line being sure the check valve was clear. I also made sure the drain pump was cleaned well. I also removed and cleaned all the upper wash arm components.
After re-assembly I ran it through 3 or 4 rinse only cycles to clean it out. I was getting large amounts of suds in that thing until about the third wash cycle. After that it was clean and shiny.
I went ahead and loaded it as normal and went to bed. I woke up to find that the normal cycle had worked well with no white scum on anything. I also made sure to follow the soap level instructions since I have soft water feeding the washer. I also realized that my wife was essentially doubling the soap amount that the manual suggests when using soft water.
I suppose whatever was trapped in that separator screen was contributing to the problem, but i would venture to say that double the soap was not helping matters.
I really appreciate your efforts at APP for helping us all out. What a great resource. I will continue to shop here for all my parts needs.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:15:31 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe,
I spent a few hours last night removing the washer from the counter, then removed the entire pump and accumulator assembly. After removing the main pump motor, I realized that you are correct. I was looking at the rear of the separator screen. After removing the motor, chopper and chopper guard, i cleaned the screen and everything else I could. I flushed the drain line being sure the check valve was clear. I also made sure the drain pump was cleaned well. I also removed and cleaned all the upper wash arm components.
After re-assembly I ran it through 3 or 4 rinse only cycles to clean it out. I was getting large amounts of suds in that thing until about the third wash cycle. After that it was clean and shiny.
I went ahead and loaded it as normal and went to bed. I woke up to find that the normal cycle had worked well with no white scum on anything. I also made sure to follow the soap level instructions since I have soft water feeding the washer. I also realized that my wife was essentially doubling the soap amount that the manual suggests when using soft water.
I suppose whatever was trapped in that separator screen was contributing to the problem, but i would venture to say that double the soap was not helping matters.
I really appreciate your efforts at APP for helping us all out. What a great resource. I will continue to shop here for all my parts needs.

Well,

At least everything is clean and working proper now.

These new style dishwasher aren't designed to move suds or foam as well as previous models.

Suds displace the water and the impeller can't pressurize properly.

Everything should be fine from here on out , as long as you use the proper amount of detergent(powderred detergent preferred).

Good Luck,
And you're welcome
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply