Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dwAdviceneeded  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 6:21:25 PM(UTC)
dwAdviceneeded

Groups: Registered

During the wash cycle, the dishwasher behaves normally at first, but then the "Washing" LED begins to flash, and the wash pump stops/starts in unison with the flashing of the light. There is also a clicking sound from inside the door - possibly a relay.

I did the Water/Service Test described by the Service Data Sheet (#154444501) that was attached to the unit. It ran through the whole test cycle without the symptoms showing up and it finished about 3 seconds slower than what is shown. The drain seems to be opening about 16 seconds early.

I then ran a normal wash cycle a couple of times with a stopwatch - It gets through the first 8-minute (Wash 1) cycle without any issues - including the wash pump running normally - but the cycle is consistently a little fast - about 7:45. In the second stage (Rinse 1) the water valve opens on schedule, but as soon as the Pump Motor cycle starts, the problem shows up - steady flashing "Washing" LED, clicking sounds from inside the door and the wash motor cycling on and off in unison with the LED. Later in the cycle, the machine seems to get "lost" and there's a whole lot of clicking and noise from inside the door. Opening and closing the door sometimes helps for a few moments. After the entire cycle ends or is manually cancelled, the wash cycle can be restarted from the begining, and it makes it through the first 8-minute Wash 1 cycle again, failing in the Rinse 1 cycle.

I'm guessing that the control board (#154445801, if I'm not mistaken) is the problem, but just want to eliminate the wash pump or a faulty sensor as possible culprits before I order an expensive electronic part.

Thanks for any input!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.