Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mike degn  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 11:02:09 AM(UTC)
mike degn

Groups: Registered

Kenmore, possibly built by Whirlpool is leaking through the front door. Will be changing the door gasket but I suspect that is not the cause. What else should I be looking for? Leaks without or without dishes in it. How hard is it to pull the front cover off?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 6:55:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Mike,

The first thing I would check is suds inside the dishwasher while it's being leaking.

If it's leaking mostly on the right side then it could be leaking through the detergent dispenser latch. Open the door and remove all screws around the inner door panel. Remove this panel and check from inside of the panel for any signs of a leak.

Post the results.

Gene.
StevePyfer  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:31:47 PM(UTC)
StevePyfer

I just had the same problem with my Kenmore. It turns out that top plate of the pump had come loose. The plate has about ten screws to seal the pump gasket. The front two screws were loose enough to let the pump cover rise when pressure was running to the spinner arm. This allowed the water to shoot out of the front of the pump and cause a wave that spilled over the tub lip.

When the water was off, the cover plate looked normal. The gap underneath was only about 3/16th of an inch. I tightened the screws all around and the problem stopped.

Hope that helps if you're still having the problem.

Steve
lash_00  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2010 6:42:20 AM(UTC)
lash_00

Top plate was loose, that is exactly what was wrong with my washer. Thanks for the info....
brentbitz  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 2:13:33 PM(UTC)
brentbitz

Originally Posted by: StevePyfer Go to Quoted Post
I just had the same problem with my Kenmore. It turns out that top plate of the pump had come loose. The plate has about ten screws to seal the pump gasket. The front two screws were loose enough to let the pump cover rise when pressure was running to the spinner arm. This allowed the water to shoot out of the front of the pump and cause a wave that spilled over the tub lip.

When the water was off, the cover plate looked normal. The gap underneath was only about 3/16th of an inch. I tightened the screws all around and the problem stopped.

Hope that helps if you're still having the problem.

Steve

Had the same thing here with my Kenmore Elite - screws were only about 1/4 turn loose. Tightened them up and no leak. Thanks guys!
Ray Shelton  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 10:15:44 AM(UTC)
Ray Shelton

Kenmore,model 665.16369301 is leaking through the front door. It is running water from a port inside on the left side after wash cycle is complete. It leaks through the door and onto the floor sitting idle.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 1:05:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Ray,

Sounds like the problem is a bad water inlet valve.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP3178611
Part number: AP3178611

Gene.
Ray Shelton  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 3:41:26 PM(UTC)
Ray Shelton

Gene, thank you so much. That is exactly what I suspected but wasn't sure. I will order the part and repair it. Thank you again

Ray
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply