Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peasaint  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 2:39:02 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

Groups: Registered

Got a problem with our dishwasher, but I guess who doesn't. It simply will not operate. I've checked the circuit, all curent is fine. The front panel will on occassion light but seems to set it's own program. Removed the panel and found no shorts or loose connections. At first I assumed it was the door switch but checked it's continuity as best I could and it seems to function proper. That led me to the front touch screen panel, but I think for this to fail would be a rare happening.

With the door clossed, it can be opened by simply grasping the door sides and giving a pull. No I suspect a problem with the door latch assembly. I don't want to spend funds on a part that might not be the problem. My son feels because the door can be opened without the use of the open lever, the problem is the door jam assembly.

Anybody offer some advice? Thanks in advance. Other than that problem of start, it operates fine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 3:51:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Your son has a good feeling. If the door is not locked properly then the door switches are not engaged and thats why there is no power.

- The part number for the door latch assembly is AP4113837

Gene.
Peasaint  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:34:54 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

Hi Gene,
Thanks for your input. We did order the part (door switch assembly) ... installed it today upon it's arrival. Still no use, can't get a "start" out of this system.

Begin to question a "lean" factor. Perhaps the dishwasher itself is sitting out of the 180 ?

The door still won't really seat correctly. Can still be opened ( depending upon the "SLAM" and the jar we give it.

Getting really frustrated and ready to take it into the back 40 with a bullet!!

Any advice?
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:52:04 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

If I may add my 2 cents.
If the dishwaser isn't level and setting in the cabinet straight then that may be you issue. If the door doesn't latch properly then you can get the same effect.
Nat
Peasaint  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:00:57 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

Thanks Nat ...

This thing is really drdiving me beyond the edge. Seemed to be such a simple issue, ... then again!

Checked the latch ... big diff from the new as opposed to the one issued. New part is more "beefed up". Larger and giving the impression of being more solid than the original.

Other issue is, the unit is installed under a now existing counter-top with double sink. Involves (I fear) a full dismantle of the entire counter top and all that it's associated with.

Thanks for your input, ... it's always of use.
Have a safe one,
P.
Peasaint  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:04:50 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

Forgot to mention Nat,

The door can still be opened by yanking HARD on the sides of the door. Could it be a problem with the 'input latch' component which seats above the door frame?

Other than that, ... it's anybodies guess.

How's the weather down there in Missouri?
libertyappl  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:08:18 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Unless you've added a thicker floor since installation of the DW it probably wont be so bad. If you have to pull it out, you should be able to unscrew if from the cabinets and slide it a little and start tilting it up slowly( it has wheels on the back) and slide it on out. Of course make sure you disconnect the water line or you could have a BIG mess to clean up.
Gene & I (as well as many others)are both on a lot, kind of have volunteer fever I guess.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Nat
Peasaint  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:17:15 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

Thanks Nat ...

We on thew outside here, posting really appreciate your being there. Everything you guys have come up with really makes sense but we've got 2 dogs, 1 puppy, a nutty cockatiel, 5 cats and 9 kittens of varying age. See what I mean ... the word "sense" can only be applied to terms which are within one's reasoning. You or Gene want a nice new furry friend? Just think of your kids! Another reason we've gotta get this thing up and running as paper plates are only good for 1 or 2 hand washings!! LOL

Thanks again

Best
libertyappl  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:20:45 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Understand that.....Have 3 teens, 5 dogs, 2 goats, 3 ducks & 9 chickens myself.....don't think I need any more critters at the moment. got rid of the kitten, rabbits, hampsters & guinney pigs (thank God!)
Nat
Peasaint  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:26:59 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

Thanks for the words of encouragment Nat! We'll roll up our sleeves and get at it. It's 12:25 AM here in Massachusetts and I have to be in to work at 8:00 ... guess I have a good excuse. Could use a couple of goats and a few sheep ... just to keep the lawn in shape.

I'll let you know how we make out, in a nice way I mean.

Thanks again and stay safe!

P.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply