Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DTCOON  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:43:48 AM(UTC)
DTCOON

Groups: Registered

Can someone please help me figure out what has happened to this still new dishwasher? The upper spray arm has appeared in the rack after a wash and when I put it back into it's place expecting to clip or snap back in, it doesn't. Is this broken and if so, is it able to be fixed? How?:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:17:37 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

If it's less than a year old it should be under warranty, call a Frigidarie certified tech and it shouldn't cost you anything to get it fixed.
Nat
Kelty  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:47:48 AM(UTC)
Kelty

I am having the same problem with Frigidaire model FDBB2455FSO. There is a retainer which hold the spray arm, located on the ceiling of the dishwasher. This retainer unscrews, counterclockwise. Remove it carefully, holding it upright, and inside you will see a small plastic circular retainer ring of sorts, which rests loosely in the unit. The spray arm can be easily re-attached to this retainer unit (be advised the small inner retainer ring may have flip flopped upside down from water movement after spray arm came off, so you may have to reposition it clip side down). Gently press/snap the spray arm onto the unit. Its not hard, try a couple different ways and you'll feel it click to the spray arm. Then screw the assembled unit back onto dishwasher ceiling threaded outlet. Bad news is that this problem will likely happen again and again ( mine is doing that) for no apparent reason, necessitating part replacement to provide more permanent fix.

Good luck.
alana50  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:42:16 AM(UTC)
alana50

Thanks so much for saving me the cost of a service call. I think ours broke off because I put in a plate that the rotating arm kept hitting. I am now putting shorter dishes in the middle of the upper rack.
auilox  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2011 10:45:46 AM(UTC)
auilox

Originally Posted by: Kelty Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem with Frigidaire model FDBB2455FSO. There is a retainer which hold the spray arm, located on the ceiling of the dishwasher. This retainer unscrews, counterclockwise. Remove it carefully, holding it upright, and inside you will see a small plastic circular retainer ring of sorts, which rests loosely in the unit. The spray arm can be easily re-attached to this retainer unit (be advised the small inner retainer ring may have flip flopped upside down from water movement after spray arm came off, so you may have to reposition it clip side down). Gently press/snap the spray arm onto the unit. Its not hard, try a couple different ways and you'll feel it click to the spray arm. Then screw the assembled unit back onto dishwasher ceiling threaded outlet. Bad news is that this problem will likely happen again and again ( mine is doing that) for no apparent reason, necessitating part replacement to provide more permanent fix.

Good luck.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was looking all over for this answer. You saved us from running out and buying a new dishwasher today.
fedupwithcheappartspilgri  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:59:59 PM(UTC)
fedupwithcheappartspilgri

Originally Posted by: Kelty Go to Quoted Post

Good luck.

I have had this same issue 4 times. Seems the plastic retainer clip wears down after some time from the spinner..umm spinning. This is a totally wrong place to use plastic...anyone knows friction against plastic will wear it down fast. I found a small stainless steel screw and washer, and used it in place of their plastic clip..so far so good...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply