Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bergy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:30:48 AM(UTC)
bergy

Groups: Registered

The touch pad is not working on my Maytag dishwasher. The unit is less than 3 years old. I thought the problem was the control board so I replaced it. This did not solve the problem. The touch pad still is not working. Is the problem the touch pad itself of some other component?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Rollie  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 12:12:13 PM(UTC)
Rollie

If your model has one of those cheap, easily worn/broken plastic door latch switches - I'd check that out. If the switch is defective or broken, it would prevent the control pad from activating.
seandl  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:18:03 PM(UTC)
seandl

I went through 4 control panels in 1 year. The last bad one they didn't take and left it behind. I noticed I could peel the top of the panel back from the right top corner exposing the contacts for the pause and the on buttons. Both had a milky tarnish from obvious water contact even though the panel was a couple months old. What quality control and engineering that is! Any way you can wipe clean with a contact cleaner, try and seal the corners with some rtv to prevent future water contact.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply