Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Anna Banana  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:19:13 AM(UTC)
Anna Banana

Groups: Registered

:eek:The dishes seem to have film and mineral deposits. I use a rinse aid. I have hard water deposits in the spray arms. I used an awl and opened up a couple of closed holes in the lower spray arm. I can't really get to the top spray arm because the dish rack is in the way. I ran vinegar through a couple of cycles and it seems like there has been some improvement, but it's still not sparkling clean as it should be.

What should I do? Help!

Anna
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:04:26 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Anna Banana Go to Quoted Post
:eek:The dishes seem to have film and mineral deposits. I use a rinse aid. I have hard water deposits in the spray arms. I used an awl and opened up a couple of closed holes in the lower spray arm. I can't really get to the top spray arm because the dish rack is in the way. I ran vinegar through a couple of cycles and it seems like there has been some improvement, but it's still not sparkling clean as it should be.

What should I do? Help!

Anna

Anna,

This is what I was told to do many years ago :

Run the water at the kitchen sink, so it's hot when the dishwasher fills.
(you want the water as hot as possible).

Start the machine on regular/normal wash cycle, let it fill and start.

Add 1 cup(8oz.) of distilled white vinegar to the water and close the door.

Let the dishwasher wash for at least 15 minutes, then open door or cancel cycle (without a drain) let the dishwasher set for 45 to 60 minutes.

Drain the machine and run a short wash cycle to wash out and rinse out the dishwasher.
** this can be done with other name brand products(lime a Way, CLR, etc).**
But the procedure should be the same.

In extremely hard water areas, you may need to repeat the process several times.

In some instances you may need to replace, several wash arm components, arms, nozzle, filter, backflush arm,

I would try cleaning, first.
:) :) :)
Anna Banana  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:46:17 PM(UTC)
Anna Banana

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Anna,

This is what I was told to do many years ago :

Run the water at the kitchen sink, so it's hot when the dishwasher fills.
(you want the water as hot as possible).

Start the machine on regular/normal wash cycle, let it fill and start.

Add 1 cup(8oz.) of distilled white vinegar to the water and close the door.

Let the dishwasher wash for at least 15 minutes, then open door or cancel cycle (without a drain) let the dishwasher set for 45 to 60 minutes.

Drain the machine and run a short wash cycle to wash out and rinse out the dishwasher.
** this can be done with other name brand products(lime a Way, CLR, etc).**
But the procedure should be the same.

In extremely hard water areas, you may need to repeat the process several times.

In some instances you may need to replace, several wash arm components, arms, nozzle, filter, backflush arm,

I would try cleaning, first.

Thanks for your help. I have already used vinegar for 3 cycles. It's a bit better, but still not up to par. I am now out of vinegar.

Another question I posted was how to replace the upper and lower arms. How can I even reach the upper arm since the upper rack is in the way? I'm sure if I saw it once, I would know how to do it. But, I haven't seen it. If you could describe the steps clearly, that would help. Thanks for all your help. It is truly appreciated.

Anna
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 1:52:11 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Anna Banana Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your help. I have already used vinegar for 3 cycles. It's a bit better, but still not up to par. I am now out of vinegar.

Another question I posted was how to replace the upper and lower arms. How can I even reach the upper arm since the upper rack is in the way? I'm sure if I saw it once, I would know how to do it. But, I haven't seen it. If you could describe the steps clearly, that would help. Thanks for all your help. It is truly appreciated.

Anna

Anna,

To remove the upper rack assembly:

On the ends of both metal track assemblies, you'll see a gray plastic end cap to stop the rack from rolling out of the track.

If you look closely you'll see an inset on the end cap.

Grasp the metal rack, and with your thumb, press and push towards the center of the rack, the end cap will separate and you'll remove the end cap and can remove the rack and access the upper spray arm and remove it.

Sometimes that end cap can be feisty, and a pain to separate (really frustrating sometimes).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply