Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jim D  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:47:58 AM(UTC)
Jim D

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore ultra wash dishwasher that works beautifully on all settings with the exception of the digital timer stopping around the 44 to 42 mins. time remaining. We can open then shut the door and sometimes it starts counting down and finishes the cycle. The other day it stayed at the 44 mins. and continually washed.

At that point I cleared and reset the controller then did the short rinse only and that worked fine. (18 mins)

I noticed today while in the 44 min. stuck mode that the water heating light stayed on ? Does the timer stop while the water is heating and possible problem with the heating cycle?

Any help will be appreciated !
Thanks, Jim D
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:57:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Jim,

Looks like it stops for a "heating pause". Depend on the incoming water temperature it can take very long time. I would recommend to measure water temperature inside the dishwasher at the beginning of this pause and then after about 20 minutes. Post the results.

Gene.
Jim D  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 7:49:18 AM(UTC)
Jim D

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene,
I checked the heating element when the dishwasher pauses and the water heating light displayed. The element is drawing 6.6 amps at 118V which is correct for 800W element. I let unit heat for approx. 20 mins til water heated to approx. 148* at which time the heating light went out and the timer started counting down properly and finished.
My question is ---- Should the heating element be submerged in the water for the water to heat properly? Currently there is approx. a 1" gap between the element and the water.

OH also, the incoming water temp is 120*.

Thanks again,
Jim D
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 8:36:42 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jim D Go to Quoted Post
...Should the heating element be submerged in the water for the water to heat properly? Currently there is approx. a 1" gap between the element and the water...

Hi Jim,

You did very good job!

About the heating element - no, it's not suppose to be submerged in water because the pump is stays "on" and it stirs water inside the dishwasher.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply