Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jones74  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 6:11:56 AM(UTC)
jones74

Groups: Registered

Any help would be appreciated... Last night our GE dishwasher had an electrical problem. Started the cycle, and about 10 minutes later smelled smoke/eletrical burning odor. Shut off power and disassembled this morning. The main wiring harness has some melted wires and the main board has some scorch marks. I'm thinking both should be replaced, but on the website I can't find the wiring harness, nor could the technician. Any thoughts on where to get the harness (just a new plug would probably work) and thoughts on what causes a short like this? Is it the harness that goes bad or the board that goes bad? Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WendySS  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 5:51:48 AM(UTC)
WendySS

Hi, this is Vikki with GE. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty with your Monogram dishwasher. We would be happy to look into this situation for you. please email the details to us at eResponse@ge.com.
jones74  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:50:27 AM(UTC)
jones74

GE social media contacted me and worked to resolve the issue. Here is an overview of what happened. The main electrical harness part is not made by GE and not available. Therefore, GE's own technician could not fix the damaged dishwasher. GE very graciously offered to replace my monogram dishwasher with a free replacement unit. The process took several weeks, but in the end we got a new dishwasher. I am very grateful to the consumer social media team for resolving this. A few side notes... I did find other stories on the internet of fires involving these units. GE never offered an explanation of cause. Also, the new unit is stripped down of features compared to the damaged unit. This new unit is the only one that works with the factory stainless door kit. They do make a nicer monogram model that isn't compatible. Overall, much credit must go to the proactive response of GE...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply