Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rbmail  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2008 3:14:20 PM(UTC)
rbmail

Groups: Registered

Our bosch 5306 displayed the H2 code when starting a wash cycle. Here is what I have been through so far...

The test program does not complete and displays a 0. Actually, I am not sure how to tell if the test program has completed.

The water valve did not measure right and has been replaced. Now water enters the machine. But test program still does not complete and after filling, it just makes a bit of a humming sound for about 30 seconds, then stops for about 30 seconds and repeats. Starting the machine normally displays H2.

Replaced the control board - H2 problem is now gone, but same results on test program, cycling with the humming sound after flling and 0 on the display.

The main current during the heat cycle is 3 amps. The NTC measures about 40 ohms instead of 55 ohms. This will be the next part I replace. Heater was ok at 12 ohms, and the flow switch seems to functioning. The High Temp Cut out, also worked and was checked in pot of water with a thermometer.

Any idea if I am on the right track here? Seems odd, I would have a bad valve, control board and NTC all at once.

-RB
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rbmail  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:02:17 PM(UTC)
rbmail

I replaced the NTC and I am now on the path of a bad circulation pump - likely the impellor, as I found a reference in another post about the humming sound.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 11:15:38 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I would recommend to redo all tests, following the instructions from the troubleshooting guide, posted by Harold: http://forum.appliancepartspros...troubleshoot-manual.html.

I'm afraid you did a few mistakes while testing the dishwasher.

Gene.
rbmail  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:49:26 AM(UTC)
rbmail

Did repeat the tests. I am not sure how to tell when the tests actually complete. The display shows a 0, and the machine cycles with the humming sound, The current during the heat cycle is 3 amps. But the HTCO/NTC has been replaced, the heater element measures ok, and the flow switch seems to be ok.

The circulation pump motor measures the correct resistance, but I am thinking if the pump is siezed up, the motor would measure ok (stator not shorted), but not circulate, thus preventing the flow switch from engaging to allow the heating circuit to complete.

So, I will be taking the circulation pump out for a visual/mechanical inspection.

-RB
rbmail  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:13:28 PM(UTC)
rbmail

The circulation pump was siezed on the impellor end. Replaced with new motor/pump and all is working now. Could have just replaced the impellor part of the pump. The end of the impellor was stuck against the front pump housing - almost like it was glued together.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:52:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
We're glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply