Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aakjaa  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:34:48 PM(UTC)
aakjaa

Groups: Registered

Current problem is same as prior. Removal of exterior door panel allowed discovery of leak at both vent and dispensor. Vent gasket replaced and new dispensor installed. There is a thin clear/white edge plastic which is at the bottom of the inner door panel I'd removed and replaced. While there was a small amount of crust on it, I don't see it holding water back. I'm able to freely place my fingers beneath the inner door panel for what that is worth.
While the leak is substantially less than when the vent and dispensor were dripping on the inside of the panel, none the less, it remains.
I just don't see any other gaskets to replace, but have found this part:Part Number: AP3102987 Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Lower door seal kit, part number: AP3102987 a lower door seal kit.
thoughts please???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:43:47 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: aakjaa Go to Quoted Post
Current problem is same as prior. Removal of exterior door panel allowed discovery of leak at both vent and dispensor. Vent gasket replaced and new dispensor installed. There is a thin clear/white edge plastic which is at the bottom of the inner door panel I'd removed and replaced. While there was a small amount of crust on it, I don't see it holding water back. I'm able to freely place my fingers beneath the inner door panel for what that is worth.
While the leak is substantially less than when the vent and dispensor were dripping on the inside of the panel, none the less, it remains.
I just don't see any other gaskets to replace, but have found this part:Part Number: AP3102987 Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Lower door seal kit, part number: AP3102987 a lower door seal kit.
thoughts please???

Is the problem that water is splashing over the bottom of the tub or out though the door seal near the bottom? If so check this part Part number: AP3964091
Part number: AP3964091

I've seen the screws come loose and let the seal pop out on one side letting water spray at the door or seals.
aakjaa  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:49:55 PM(UTC)
aakjaa

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
Is the problem that water is splashing over the bottom of the tub or out though the door seal near the bottom? If so check this part Part number: AP3964091
Part number: AP3964091

I've seen the screws come loose and let the seal pop out on one side letting water spray at the door or seals.

I'm of the observation that the dribble is coming out of the center of the door where the harness penetrates the stiffiner... i've been careful about what dishes i put in the front of the lower rack....still drippy.

is this door seal BENEATH the door such that when the door is completely horizonal...the seal faces the tub and therefore in a verticle orientation?
thanks a lot for your help!
ThatGuy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:10:16 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: aakjaa Go to Quoted Post
I'm of the observation that the dribble is coming out of the center of the door where the harness penetrates the stiffiner... i've been careful about what dishes i put in the front of the lower rack....still drippy.

is this door seal BENEATH the door such that when the door is completely horizonal...the seal faces the tub and therefore in a verticle orientation?
thanks a lot for your help!

Also check your lower spray arm for cracks or splits. I've seen both cause door leaks. Is you Dishwasher level? Is the door binding up slightly on one side or the other?
Doxiedad  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 7:29:50 PM(UTC)
Doxiedad

Replace the bottom dooor seal as well as the tub spacers in the front corner of the tub. They redirect water from the door panel back into the tub and are a common source of leaks which can usually be stopped by carefull loading of dishes. They made a major chanmge to the design a few years back that catches and rechannels more area than the OEMs that were used. The door has to be removed to replace the corner tub/door spacers and the doors bottom seal. You can get the entire door bottom seal kit and spacers for under $15.00
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply