Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vcalkins  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2008 8:41:02 AM(UTC)
vcalkins

Groups: Registered

This machine (Bosch SHE44C) has started giving us problems ever since we had a major power surge in April due to power company error. The costs of proving the cause of the appliance to malfunction exceed the amount they are willing to reimburse us! So please, hellpp!

Smelled a slight burning electrical smell, now machine won't drain even in Cancel Drain mode tho machine makes noises as if it's trying to. Water is still soapy. Could this be caused by an electrical failure? Is there a troubleshooting guide available for this model anywhere?

Previously my husband had to replace the main electrical connection as the connection was fried -- did not occur instantly at power surge but finally fried over 2 months time. Machine then worked fine for 6 weeks before this latest problem popped up. Could it be the problem?

Thanks for any help, especially in regards to finding info so we can troubleshoot & fix the problems that are beginning to arise.

~ victoria
vcalkins attached the following image(s):
Fried connection.PGE.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2008 5:27:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Victoria,

You can find the troubleshooting guide in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...troubleshoot-manual.html

The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it, please.

Gene.
vcalkins  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 7:47:21 PM(UTC)
vcalkins

Gene,

The model number is correct. Purchased at Sears. Manual includes these model #s on the cover: SHE44C, SHE46C, SHE47C, SHE56C, SHU43C, SHX46A, SHX46L, SHX43E, SHV46C.

Thanks for the link.

~ victoria
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 11:54:40 AM(UTC)
Gene

Victoria,

You should look for the model number on the right side of the door. Manual book designed for a few different models and numbers listed there are incomplete.

Gene.
vcalkins  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 12:23:43 PM(UTC)
vcalkins

Yes, that's where the number came from. The model number in its entirety is SHE44C02UC/38.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 12:42:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Did you perform the troubleshooting yet? Post the results.

Gene.
boulderhorners  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:33:01 AM(UTC)
boulderhorners

We also can't get our Bosch dishwasher to drain. Sporadically will work and then stops again. Repair people can't find anything wrong and say it has to do with electrical reset, but we can't figure out the mechanism.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:06:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Susan,

It is very hard to diagnose any kind of an intermittent problem, especially if it would not show up at the time when a tech is next to the appliance.

Gene.
c_cheme  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:26:57 AM(UTC)
c_cheme

This site Rocks!
I also have an SHE44C02uc which intermittently would not drain and seem to continue in wash mode for a very long time. Same symptoms as described. I found a reference to another Bosch Model referring to a bad solder connection on the heater relay. Sure enough, same problem, destroyed solder connection. Trickest part of finding the problem was openeing the case covering the board....kind of makes me think they didnt want me (the slightly above average home owner) looking.

The electronics are covered by a 5 year waranty. This seems to be a known issue ( if you can troubleshoot with Google), suppose there is any chance of warranty coverage (especially for a home owner repair)?

And the answer is ...NO....the BOSCH manual clearly states the warranty will become null and void...so much for a 5 year warranty. I have formed my opionion regarding BOSCH products. The failure of the heater control relay is clearly a fairly common problem. After paying a premium for the washer it fails after 2 years. MY GE lasted for 13. Go figure.
vcalkins  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:51:44 AM(UTC)
vcalkins

No, in the plans for Sunday-Monday this week.

Thank you for retaining an interest,

~ victoria
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply