Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hillbilly  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:12:10 AM(UTC)
hillbilly

Groups: Registered

dishwasher starts then display blinks and washer shuts down then tries to start again .ran self test mode and turbidity sensor fails then ran it again and motor low current faults. think motor is going south, need help.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:37:56 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hillbilly Go to Quoted Post
dishwasher starts then display blinks and washer shuts down then tries to start again .ran self test mode and turbidity sensor fails then ran it again and motor low current faults. think motor is going south, need help.:confused:

You may not have a component failure at all.

This particular style unit is susceptable to false information,inputs to the control board.

The turbidity sensor failure could be due to sudsing, low water level,or deposits accumulated in pump and spray arms(possibly hard water deposits detergent residue.( proper water level :heater element should be partially submerged after unit fills and runs at least five minutes).

I would reccomend, you partially dismantle the pump assembly(at least to the water pressure dome and clean them with hot water and white vinegar, and the pump body as well,

Your low motor current fail code could be due to the same reasons: sudsing, low water level, debris and deposits in the pump assembly or spray arms, as well as a power supply problem, loose connections at the sensor and motor ,voltage fluctuations or voltage under a load(when motor starts).

I would reccomend you follow the cleaning procedure described above.
Check your water temperature (130 to 140 degrees) at start of the cycle(fill) in the tub.
You may want to change detergents (prefer powder detergent with no additives,myself) and reduce the rinse agent dispenser to the lowest setting to help control sudsing.

I'm pretty sure these procedures will solve your problems,
Please contact us if your problem persists
hillbilly  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:05:26 AM(UTC)
hillbilly

Groups: Registered

Joe M thanks for the reply.I took the dishwasher all the way down to the pump and cleaned it out with air compressor.When I ran just a rinse and hold cycle it washed and drained. It skips the sense clean sensor in that mode.The turbidity sensor is no longer available they tell me.can I bypass the sensor.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:46:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hillbilly Go to Quoted Post
Joe M thanks for the reply.I took the dishwasher all the way down to the pump and cleaned it out with air compressor.When I ran just a rinse and hold cycle it washed and drained. It skips the sense clean sensor in that mode.The turbidity sensor is no longer available they tell me.can I bypass the sensor.

I will double check with some of my sources, and let you know.

If I remember correctly, you can leave the sensor harness disconnected from the sensor assembly, but let me double check

Joe M.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply