Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cmb78  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2010 10:14:49 AM(UTC)
cmb78

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher was working fine and then this weekend I went to start a load and it will not advance on the dial. It just sits in the same spot. I can manually advance the dial and make it purge and fill at the start of the wash cycle but I cannot make it go through a wash cycle. It's like that doesn't exist anymore. We have had some bad storms recently, wondering if that has anything to do with it. Hoping to repair ourselves. Any ideas?

Thanks!:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2010 10:58:05 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cmb78 Go to Quoted Post
My dishwasher was working fine and then this weekend I went to start a load and it will not advance on the dial. It just sits in the same spot. I can manually advance the dial and make it purge and fill at the start of the wash cycle but I cannot make it go through a wash cycle. It's like that doesn't exist anymore. We have had some bad storms recently, wondering if that has anything to do with it. Hoping to repair ourselves. Any ideas?

Thanks!:confused:

Check the float and switch assembly(front left corner of tub assembly. Raise and lower float and listen for click noise. no click indicates a jammed float or bad water level switch, switch must close in order for timer to start motor in wash cycle.

You may have a damaged timer contact, due to the storms, but I would not make that the first thing to check.

You stated that you can drain(purge) the water indicating that the pump motor assembly is the least likeliest problem, at this point.
cmb78  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2010 7:08:56 PM(UTC)
cmb78

Groups: Registered

The float and switch assembly is the round piece in the front, left, bottom of the tub??? I did raise and lower it and it did make a clicking noise. Any other things I can test to rule in or out the timer contact?
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:56:26 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cmb78 Go to Quoted Post
The float and switch assembly is the round piece in the front, left, bottom of the tub??? I did raise and lower it and it did make a clicking noise. Any other things I can test to rule in or out the timer contact?

Yes, the float is the round piece in the left front corner of the tub, and apparently working since you could hear the switch click.

Do you have a multi meter ?
At this point you will need to circuit check the float switch and fill valve solenoid circuits with a meter,and visually check the wires for damage, then consider the timer.

Make sure you shut off power to the dishwasher before you remove access panels, and start testing circuits.

Hope this helps you
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply