Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nordsguy  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 1:24:19 PM(UTC)
nordsguy

Groups: Registered

Kenmore Model 665.1671200 Serial FK4104684

The buttons on the DW stopped working. Several of the buttons light up. Pressing a button will cause other buttons to light up. Lifting and and releasing the lever will cause buttons to light up. When i hit the cancel button the machine turns on. The first time i took apart the console and removed wires from control board and then reasembled. buttons seemed to funtion properly but when we ran load washed with hot water but never released soap. And buttons stopped working again. The panel part for this machine is
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Panel - control, part number: AP3138914

and the board is
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Electronic control assembly, part number: AP3175633

I think its the board but my wife thinks its the panel. After reading more posts i'm starting to think its the panel also. Both parts are expensive so I'm trying to get the right one. Please ask for any more information you might need to diagnose. I'd appreciate your help in what part to get.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 1:49:45 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nordsguy Go to Quoted Post
Kenmore Model 665.1671200 Serial FK4104684

The buttons on the DW stopped working. Several of the buttons light up. Pressing a button will cause other buttons to light up. Lifting and and releasing the lever will cause buttons to light up. When i hit the cancel button the machine turns on. The first time i took apart the console and removed wires from control board and then reasembled. buttons seemed to funtion properly but when we ran load washed with hot water but never released soap. And buttons stopped working again. The panel part for this machine is
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Panel - control, part number: AP3138914

and the board is
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Electronic control assembly, part number: AP3175633

I think its the board but my wife thinks its the panel. After reading more posts i'm starting to think its the panel also. Both parts are expensive so I'm trying to get the right one. Please ask for any more information you might need to diagnose. I'd appreciate your help in what part to get.

There should be a technical data sheet attached to lower kick plate panel.
It will walk you through all the test procedures from key pad test to a short test cycle of all the comonents.

Based on your information, I believe you do have a malfuntioning key pad assembly.

When you replace the part, You may want to put a light bead of sealant or vaseline on the ribbon connection at the control board to eliminate the possibility of moisture getting on the contacts on the control module,which could be why the pad assembly failed.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 7:50:47 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would remove the control panel ribbon connectors, and clean them with a non-residue cleaning spray available a Radio Shack or Lowes,just insert ribbon cable while spraying.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply